- Employer: Maidstone Borough Council
- Reference: MBC/23/232600
- Published: Tue 14/03/2023, 12:23 PM
- Closing on: Sun 02/04/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: Grade 10 £ 34,145 to £40,717 per annum (pay award pending 1st April 2023)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Maidstone, Kent
About The Role:
Finance is a corporate service which is fundamental to the effective running of the Council. The Finance Manager – Financial Accounting will be central to ensuring an efficient service that supports the Council in making informed strategic financial management decisions and meeting its statutory function in delivering the financial accounts.
This is a new post to give us additional support so that we can ensure that the financial accounts are provided with timely, relevant and accurate financial information and using the latest accounting policies. Maidstone also has a strategic priority to increase the number of properties for social housing by 1000. Therefore we need to ensure we setup a new Housing Revenue Account (HRA) and also that capital investment is also captured effectively.
Maidstone Borough Council is committed to professional development, and you will be given the opportunity to expand and broaden your skills, knowledge and expertise including full support to deliver against the requirements of this new post.
The post requires daily contact and consultation with a very wide range of stakeholders. The primary service users Housing, but there is also a need to liaise with and respond to queries from external auditors, CIPFA, internal and external auditors, and colleagues from partner authorities.
The post is career graded which will give you opportunity to gain experience of working in the area and developing your skill and knowledge. You will work under the supervision of the Senior Finance Manager who will support your development and technical skills.
You will be required to have strong working relationships which will be developed and maintained with the finance team, service users including budget holders and Heads of Service particularly in Housing. Additionally, you will be expected to manage the external relationship with our external auditors.
Following the submission of your application form, it will be reviewed by the recruiting manager. Those that are successful in securing an interview can expect job specific interview assessment, followed by an interview.
Maidstone Borough Council is a confident organisation with ambition and aspirations to deliver high quality services to our residents and local businesses. We strive to make the borough an attractive place for all and secure a successful economy.
We continue to build on our strengths - assets, knowledge and expertise and our track record for innovation and improvement to create a financially sustainable future so that we can continue with our undiminished plans.
We will only achieve the results we are aiming for through the talents and hard work of all our people. You are encouraged to become part of our vision and in return you can expect support, training, and fair reward from us. We will give you the opportunity to develop the skills to do your job well and create a positive working environment where your ideas about improving how we do things are valued and we manage the changes needed for new ways of working well.
A range of benefits including:
- Invitations to staff events to celebrate success and support wellbeing that include holistic therapies and outdoor activities
- Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential & independent information and access to counsellors
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance – three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy additional leave
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand-new car. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax.
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Annual flu vaccine
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff benefits discounts on leisure, eating out, holidays and shopping
- Excellent learning and career opportunities for committed individuals
- A professional fee payment, if required for the role
Maidstone Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employee and volunteers to share this commitment.
Maidstone Borough Council has a Sponsor License which enables successful candidates in eligible roles to be sponsored for work Visa purposes.
If you would like to discuss this position, please contact Paul Holland on 01622 602038 or Adrian Lovegrove on 01622 602048.
Interview Date: Week commencing 17th April 2023
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided and complete online application form.
You can also apply by phone on 01622 602555.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.