- Employer: Bracknell Forest Council
- Reference: PPR/23/232618
- Published: Thu 06/04/2023, 12:50 PM
- Closing on: Sun 16/04/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Weekends
- Hours: 27 hours per week
- Salary: FTE £21,968 - £25,409 pa + £663 LWA Pro rata £16,031 - £18,542 + £484 LWA for 27 hours p/w
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Look Out Discovery Centre, Berkshire
Exhibition Supervisor - 27 hrs p/w (Friday - Sunday)
Are you passionate about inspiring children and bringing out the best in a team?
Bring science to life in our hands-on science centre!
Our goal at The Look Out Discovery Centre is to connect all visitors with Science through an engaging and enjoyable day out. Whether is it a group trip, birthday party or a family visit we want everyone to have a safe, relaxing and enjoyable experience.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working here…
The Look Out Discovery Centre is a vibrant, exciting and engaging hands-on Science centre and visitor attraction. The Exhibition Supervisor has a dynamic role, focused on overseeing the Science Exhibition and our fantastic team of Science Explainers. The Exhibition Supervisor will be fun and energetic, as everyone who works at The Look Out Discovery Centre is dedicated to ensuring customers have a unique and memorable day out.
We will support you…
- To ensure the smooth running of the exhibition ensuring that it is clean and tidy, the exhibits are in good working order, health & safety is maintained and staff are carrying out their duties efficiently.
- To maintain the high standards within the exhibition, always ensuring the zones look their best throughout the day with a high standard of cleanliness.
- To have line management responsibility for the explainers, casual explainers, volunteers and work experience students who work in the exhibition and to plan the daily allocation of jobs, ensuring all staff are working efficiently.
- To ensure procedures from The Look Out’s 'Normal Operating Procedures/Emergency Action Plan' are read.
- To undertake other responsibilities as directed, which are compatible with the postholder's role, qualifications and experience, in the interests of the authority and its services.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses
- An inclusive and social working environment
- Internal sports and social club opportunities
- The opportunity to help children engage and learn about science through play
- To work on the door step of the picturesque Swinley forest
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership
- Supermarket discount
What we’re looking for…
- Supervisory and staff management experience
- Experience working with customer service and visitor experience
- Ability to present shows to the general public and to groups of children in a fun and informative way
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation and best practice
- Ability to analyse problems, propose and implement solutions to operational problems and to use own initiative
Interviews will be held on 19th April 2023.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Dean Potts - Operations Manager
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
We can only accept applications from candidates currently residing in the UK.
Any candidates that are currently residing in the UK and wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.