- Employer: Winchester City Council
- Reference: WCC/23/232751
- Published: Wed 15/03/2023, 12:06 PM
- Closing on: Mon 10/04/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time
- Hours: 22.2 hours per week
- Salary: £17,022.60 to £19,212.00 (£28,371.00 to £32,020.00 FTE)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Winchester, Southampton, Hampshire, Basingstoke, Andover
Licensing Officer (Part-Time)
£17,022.60 to £19,212.00 (£28,371.00 to £32,020.00 FTE)
22.2 hours per week (Part-time)
Closing date: Monday 10th April 2023
Interview date: TBC
Winchester City Council’s Licensing Authority are seeking to recruit a dedicated part-time Licensing Officer to join the Licensing Team to assist with delivery of the suite of licensing functions including the processing of applications, dealing with enquires and complaints, checking compliance and enforcement action under various licensing regimes. These include premises licensing, the licensing of hackney carriages, private hire vehicles and their drivers, gambling licences and the issuing of road closures.
In a varied role, you must be an excellent administrator with good organisational skills and work well within a team. You should also have the ability to prioritise workloads and adopt a methodical approach with minimum supervision.
Previous experience in similar local government work would be an advantage, however, full training will be provided. Attention to detail and a positive attitude towards the values of integrity and discretion are essential.
As a Licensing Officer you will work closely with colleagues in other sections of the Council, Councillors, members of the public and statutory agencies such as the Police. You will be required to prepare and present reports to Committee and attend meetings such as the Safety Advisory Group.
The successful candidate will be predominantly office based but will be required to undertake occasional site visits and therefore must be able to fulfil the travel requirements of the post. Licensing Officers are also required to carry out occasional compliance checks on drivers, vehicles, licensed premises and at events outside of normal office hours.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity then this is the role for you. In return, we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- 26 days annual leave per year rising to 33 days - dependent on length of service (pro rata)
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking at any Winchester Park and Ride (during work hours)
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
For more information, please view the Job Description and Person Specification.
For an informal discussion please contact Carol Stefanczuk, Licensing Manager on 01962 848 529.