- Employer: Surrey County Council
- Reference: orbis/TP/472/31709
- Published: Wed 15/03/2023, 3:27 AM
- Closing on: Wed 05/04/2023, 4:27 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: £29291 - £31810 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Reigate
More InformationMore about this employer
Democratic Services Assistant
The starting salary for this role is £29,291 per annum, based on working 36-hours per week.
We are excited to share that an opportunity to work at the heart of Surrey's democracy has become available! The post involves working with Cabinet Members, Committee Chairmen and Senior Officers on a daily basis administering the Council's decision-making committees.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the sound operation of decision making in an organisation responsible for an annual budget over £1bn. You will support Members' work across a range of the Council's key policy areas via its committees and boards to ensure best value for Surrey residents.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Knowledge of, and enthusiasm for government and politics
- Excellent organisational, communication and team working skills
- The ability to provide administrative support to meetings, including the capability to prepare committee agendas, reports and minutes, and participating in other activities to support the County Council's democratic processes
Please note that this post is politically restricted.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 04/04/2023 with interviews to follow.
This post has been designated as a politically restricted post in accordance with the Local Government and Housing Act 1989.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit the advert on the employer site.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.