- Employer: Guildford Borough Council
- Reference: 3/23/232856
- Published: Wed 15/03/2023, 17:45 PM
- Closing on: Tue 04/04/2023, 14:23 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £25,197 - £30,176 per annum
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Millmead House Offices, Millmead, Guildford GU2 4BB, Surrey
More InformationMore about this employer
Caseworker - Housing Repairs
Are you a pro-active, motivated and confident individual who is seeking a challenging role. If the answer is “yes” then we’d love to hear from you and have you join our team within a busy and fast paced environment.
Our housing repairs team are always busy helping tenants with a wide variety of enquiries. This role provides direct support to tenants, understanding the issues they are reporting, trying where possible to help them resolve simple issues themselves but always providing access to tradespeople when a fault needs a repair and getting our tenants the help, they need to keep properties safe and secure. We deal with everything from dripping taps to badly damaged properties in need of extensive repairs.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide direct support to customers on the telephone and through correspondence.
- Assess and process housing repairs work on our Orchard system.
- Update changes to repairs work jobs.
- Liaise and work flexibly with our Housing Repairs Team and contractors.
- Work effectively with other specialist teams across the council.
- Process invoices, liaising with contractors, answering enquiries.
- Providing updates to customers and prioritising jobs in conjunction with the Team Leader and caseworkers looking after repairs.
What you need to succeed in this role:
- A proactive approach, with strong administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with people.
- Conscientious attitude and attention to detail.
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy.
- IT skills are essential, knowledge of any housing software such as Orchard would be beneficial.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to take the initiative.
We offer a generous holiday entitlement of 22 days plus bank holidays, access to our flexible working scheme, access to the local government pension scheme and a competitive salary range between £25,197 and £30,176 per annum.
Please note salary offers are usually made at the lower end of the scale to allow for progression. This role does not come with parking.