Be supported to own and take action. Our journey, our place, your opportunity.
We care about the wellbeing of our residents. Our dedicated Mental Health team helps us to protect some of our most vulnerable residents. We work with health colleagues to assess, plan, implement and evaluate treatment to help people live as independently – and fully – as possible. Our Approved Mental Health Professionals, who are based in our Community Mental Health Team and Emergency Duty Service, specialise in delivering Mental Health Act assessments to find the least restrictive solutions. It’s a challenging role, but you will have excellent support from your manager, and expert guidance on hand whenever you need it. You’ll also have the time to go above and beyond, along with the chance to express your ideas about how we can make our service even better.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
Based at the offices of the CMHT, you will work as part of a joint team, funded by both Health and Social Care. You will be an active participant on the day time AMHP rota as well as using your AMHP expertise to support your colleagues as part of an MDT. You will carry a manageable caseload of challenging and complex cases and be expected to manage these within the frameworks set out within both Health and Social Care services.
Regular supervision, Dedicated AMHP and MDT meetings are held to support you and your participation is expected.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To work as an approved Mental Health Professional, participating in the AMHP rota, undertaking Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act and Best Interest assessments for Bracknell Forest Council.
- To support people using a Strengths Based approach to assess their own needs and develop a person-centred plan of support, working together with carers, family and friend networks, health professionals and the voluntary sector.
- To carry a caseload of complex cases, acting as a Care Co-ordinator within a CPA framework.
- To contribute to the Safeguarding Activity managed by the team , including carrying out proportionate enquiries, completing risk assessments, chairing meetings (where necessary) and ensuring that action plans are effective in keeping people safe.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Regular Professional Supervision, ongoing team support and development opportunities.
What we're looking for...
You will hold a relevant professional qualification and have current registration with Social Work England or other relevant professional body as well as being a current practising AMHP.
You will be up to date with relevant legislation with an understanding and commitment to safeguarding vulnerable adults.
You should be person-centred and wanting to make a contribution to the lives of your clients, whilst managing a complex caseload.
Interview dates to be confirmed and will be offered via Microsoft Teams.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Molyn Kapuya, Service Manager or Greta Smith, AMHP Lead
Tel: 01344 823333
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.