- Employer: Bracknell Forest Council
- Reference: People/23/232892
- Published: Thu 16/03/2023, 10:46 AM
- Closing on: Wed 05/04/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £32,020 – £36,298 + LWA £663
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Time Square, Bracknell , Berkshire
SEND Business & Systems Supervisor
If you have a head for numbers, a curious mind and an eye for detail, this is the job for you!
We will help you to be at your best, so we can be at ours.
It is an exciting time to be joining our SEND (special educational needs and disability) Service which is transforming its shape to strengthen even further the support provided to children and young people with Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans.
You are going to have a big impact on what we do and you will be trusted to take ownership of your work. We are always looking for better and more efficient ways of doing things and there will always be room for your ideas.
You will work side by side with like-minded colleagues and have the support and training you need to thrive.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it's like working in our team...
We are a small team who work closely together to make sure we are providing the best support to children, young people and families with special educational needs and disabilities. Sometimes the work is challenging, however there is also time for finding and creating solutions and every day is different.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To record and process invoices and journals received. Ensuring expenditure has been through appropriate decision making processes to agree the allocation of resources in accordance with guidelines; and accurate records are maintained.
- To supervise the Business & Systems Support Officers in delivering the administration processes linked to our services.
- To be a champion for the use of technology (such as the case management system Capita ONE) to record, track and monitor our ways of working to both manage performance and inform business intelligence.
The benefits you will experience are...
- An inclusive and social working environment
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre
- Internal sports and social club opportunities
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership
- Supermarket discount
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket
What we're looking for...
We are looking for a self-motivated person, with experience in finance and administration who has managed or supervised staff in the past.
You will need excellent IT skills, with experience of the use of databases for accurate data input and interpretation.
If you can identify and solve difficult or unexpected situations quickly and effectively, whilst motivating and encouraging others to challenge themselves to reach their full potential then we would really like to meet you.
Interviews willl be held on Tuesday 19th April 2023.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Tara Cunningham, SEND Resource & Performance Manager
Tel.: 01344 354091
Previous applicants need not apply.
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.