- Employer: Home Group
- Reference: 23390
- Published: Thu 16/03/2023, 15:40 PM
- Closing on: Thu 30/03/2023, 16:40 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: FULLTIME
- Salary: Salary £33,000 - £46,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus brilliant benefits including health cash plan
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Durham (Mercury House)
Permanent, Full time (37.5 hpw)
Hybrid role – working at home and our properties across the North-East
Salary £33,000 - £46,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus brilliant benefits including health cash plan
Delivering a reliable repairs service. That’s when it hits home
Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor, looking for a new role with a great employer? Come and join us at Home Group and be part of our growing repairs and maintenance team. You’ll support us in providing a high-quality, cost-effective repairs and maintenance service for our properties across the North-East, driving cost control and efficiency of spend. And we really are great! 5^th best place to work in the UK in fact!
Bring your commercial expertise to support our teams in delivering value for money services, working closely with our trades, maintenance managers, subcontractors and suppliers. You’ll measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and cost variations across all of our Maintenance operations. This will include, putting together schedules of work, assisting with procurement tendering, checking progress against project costs and supporting us in maximising the efficiency of our works scheduling.
Oh, did we mention that we’re also 10^th for “Best Super Large organisations for Wellbeing”, in Stonewall’s Top 100 employers and we grow our own colleagues (not literally of course!). But when you are ready for the next step in your career or just want to be even more brilliant at what you do, you can grow with us!
What you’ll bring
- A degree or strong equivalent operational experience in Quantity Surveying. You’ll ideally be a member of RICS or willing to work towards this.
- Experienced in building regulations, systems, materials and working to specification and contracts. You’ll be confident in supporting and challenging colleagues and contractors to work in the most cost-effective way.
- Good knowledge of housing repairs and improvements as well as procurement rules and specifications.
- A current driving licence and access to a vehicle insured for work. We’ll pay your mileage costs for using your vehicle at work.
What you will get to help you be even more brilliant
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30), the option to buy 5 more, a me day (to take for whatever you fancy) and time off for volunteering too!
- Health cash plan saving you from £1140 per annum. We’ll cover your (and kids if you have them) towards dental, optical, prescriptions, alternative therapies and much more
- Competitive salary, annual pay award and mutual bonus payment
- Generous pension scheme with life insurance of 3x salary
- Flexible working (to suit business needs)
- Over 800 high street discounts on groceries, holidays and days out. Looking for a new phone, bike or car? Save money with us.
- We Grow Our Own colleagues (not literally of course!), when you’re ready for the next step in your career, you can grow with us! And we’ll support with your relevant CPD too as part of your role
- Learn more about our benefits on our website.
Where you’ll do your job
This is a hybrid role, so you’ll work from home, our office in Belmont and some time on the road surveying our properties across the North-East.
Find out more
Click APPLY NOW button to see our Quantity Surveyor Job Description, and find out more about Home Group. Sometimes we close an advert early, so don't delay or you might miss out. Finally, let us know if there is anything we can do to help you shine in this process.
Be yourself at Home
Home Group is committed to tackling prejudice and discrimination, not just for our customers, but for our colleagues too! We’re super proud of our internal Diversity Networks and allies (Multicultural, LGBTQIA+ and Disability) which support colleagues from different backgrounds to be their true selves. We recognise and celebrate our differences, together we make Home Group a great place to work.