- Employer: Notting Hill Genesis
- Reference: nhg/TP/7178/663
- Published: Thu 16/03/2023, 4:58 AM
- Closing on: Thu 06/04/2023, 5:58 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
- Salary: £58251 - £74111 per annum + 35 hours per week.
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Kings Cross, London
Lead Software Engineer
At NHG (Notting Hill Genesis), we are committed to digitally transforming services for our residents. We use some of the most advanced technologies to create great experiences for our customers and augment the services provided by our colleagues across our businesses.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering Team. As a proven and experienced engineer, you will form part of an agile cross-functional team in developing and maintaining NHG's flagship digital platform, transforming our ways of working and delivering excellent customer experience.
You will be providing expert technical leadership in the design of our cloud-based platform. You will help define the engineering standards, implement best practice, and contribute to our technical and product roadmap. You will act as a coach and mentor, providing technical leadership to the engineering teams.
We are investing significantly into our own digital products built on Azure serverless, microservices solutions, low code (power platform), data infrastructure (lakes, integrations etc) and IoT (Internet of Things). It is an extremely exciting time to join us as we have an established high performing team and a multi-million programme of works for the future that underpins our business strategy.
You will have a passion and solid experience in designing solutions that are to a high-quality coding standard, secure, scalable, and resilient. to solve business needs.
You have demonstrable experience in setting the technical direction of the engineering pillar by having a deep understanding of the needs of the organization around you. You influence this direction through a consensus-based approach using your people leadership skills and technical expertise.
You will have technical experience and knowledge of the following:
Expert level experience with software development on the Microsoft tech stack using .NET, ReactJS, REST APIs and Azure services in a microservice architecture
Experience with both Azure SQL Server and no SQL DBs such as ComosDB
Experience with cloud-based development using Azure services (Service bus, logic App, Function App Azure API Manager)
Experience with DevOps automated tooling technology (GIT, Azure DevOps)
Excellent practical knowledge of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concepts and SOLID principles
Enthusiastic about delivery and experience working in a fast-paced agile environment
Excellent communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
Degree/certification in Computer Science/IT or equivalent
In return we offer:
- Excellent annual leave allowance and flexible working opportunities (qualifying period may apply)
- Generous pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay - we offer enhanced maternity and adoption pay in addition to statutory entitlements (qualifying period may apply)
- Employee assistance - free confidential advice and counselling services provided by independent specialist organisations
- Health cash plan
- Staff discounts - we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, gyms, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more
- Interest free loans: season ticket loan, tenancy deposit loan and training loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance x 4 annual salary
How to apply
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and supporting statement. Your supporting statement will need to address the behaviours and essential criteria listed in the Role Profile and provide examples of how you demonstrate these skills.
Advert closes: Monday 10th April 2023 at 23:59. Please note due to the urgency of the role the advert may close earlier should we receive a high volume of suitable candidates.
Assessment: The assessment process will consist of an online technical test and interview.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Please apply for this role with us online. If you are not able to apply online, please contact our HR team via to discuss your requirements.