- Employer: Spelthorne Borough Council
- Reference: 1101
- Published: Fri 17/03/2023, 12:56 PM
- Closing on: Fri 07/04/2023, 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week, Shift A (morning shift) 07.00am to 14.00pm, Shift B (afternoon shift) 12.00pm to 19.00pm, The post requires occasional evening and weekend work
- Salary: £24,298 to £28,974
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Council Offices - Knowle Green, Surrey
Facilities Management Officer
Facilities Management Officer
Permanent 36 hours per week
Salary range: £24,298 to £28,974 per annum (Grade 3/4)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed and self-motivated individual to join our busy Facilities Management Team, providing general caretaking and office services support to staff within the Council Offices at Knowle Green. This is a full-time post working a two shift system:-
Shift A (morning shift) 07.00am to 14.00pm
Shift B (afternoon shift) 12.00pm to 19.00pm
The above shift patterns, inclusive of meal breaks, may vary depending upon requirements. You will also be required to work occasional weekends and late evenings where additional payments will be made:-
Duties will include: -
- Opening and closing of the Council Offices
- General caretaking duties
- Performance management, development and training of the apprentices within the Facilities Management team
- Reporting and monitoring of reactive and planned maintenance
- Preparation of meeting rooms, including the setting up of IT equipment
- Office moves
- Providing assistance with general security within the Council Offices
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for customer facing posts. These posts fall within the scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The Council, therefore, has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. If you have any queries or would like to discuss this further, please contact Human Resources.
In return we can offer excellent conditions of service with a benefits package that includes pension scheme, free car parking and at least 23 days’ paid leave per year.
If you would like further information about this role, please contact John Hesbrook, Facilities Manager by email at email@example.com.
Closing date: 7th April 2023 (Noon)
Interviews: 18th April 2023
For full information and to apply online, go to www.surreyjobs.info or www.spelthorne.gov.uk/jobs alternatively, please contact Recruitment Services on (01784 444263 (24hr answer phone) quoting reference number 1101
Unfortunately, we are unable to reply to all candidates. If we have not contacted, you within 3 weeks of the closing date then your application has been unsuccessful.
All shortlisted applicants will be contacted via email after the closing date. CVs can only be accepted in support of a completed application form.
Working towards equal opportunities
Strictly No Agencies
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.