- Employer: Birmingham Children's Trust
- Reference: BCT/23/233285
- Published: Mon 20/03/2023, 11:11 AM
- Closing on: Mon 10/04/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36.5 hours per week
- Salary: £20,812 - £22,777
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Citywide Vacancies - Birmingham, Birmingham
Business Support Assistant - Child Protection Conferencing Team
Birmingham Children’s Trust is going from strength to strength. We are the largest provider of family support and social care services for children, young people and families in the country. Our goal is to become a centre of excellence in both social care and family support. By choosing to work for us, you will be part of a supportive, dynamic service contributing to our service improvement journey to ‘Outstanding’.
We have a number of exciting opportunities within our Business Support Service for self-motivated Business Support Assistants, providing essential support to our practice staff members. The Service is currently in a period of redesign and given a changing environment, is looking at ways of working to better support the achievement of better outcomes for children and families.
The posts will be supporting our Child Protection Conference Service. Business Support plays a crucial role in providing support to children and families, when it has been agreed a Conference is required to share and discuss information with other partner agencies to decide on how to keep a child safe. The team supports the end-to-end process of Child Protection Conferences, ensuring a smooth and efficient process in convening, preparation for, during and after the meetings, producing electronic outcomes and minutes.
You will work closely with the conference meeting chair to complete any required after conference work such as distributing outcomes/minutes and recording those on our case management system
You will be working with colleagues and multi-agency professionals at all levels across the service to contribute to positive outcomes for some of the most vulnerable children and families
We are looking for someone who has good organisational skills, is able to problem solve and use their own initiative, have great attention to detail with excellent communication skills, experience of minute taking is desirable, although training will be provided.
This role will also have a front facing element at our conference centres to welcome and receive families and assist with smooth running of conferences.
You will be a ‘can-do' person, who is passionate about high quality service delivery and performance. You will be able to work effectively within a dedicated team environment, be customer focused and able to deliver the role with a flexible approach.
Key skills we will be looking for in your personal statement include:
- An ability to support meetings, including the provision of note taking and recording of actions, as requested by the business (Training will also be provided)
- Attention to detail with an ability to work accurately e.g. literacy and numeracy
- Ability to work on own initiative with a pro-active approach to all tasks to ensure business objectives are met
- An ability to work flexibly as part of a diverse team environment, providing cover when needed to ensure continuity of service provision, and the ability to multi-task to cover other roles within the team
- Experience of dealing with several conflicting and changing priorities effectively to achieve business objectives
We are working in a Hybrid working model. Child protection is a citywide service therefore flexibility to cover locations across the city will also be required.
For further details please contact Tina Barrett or Mindy Bhogal - tel numbers 07921240510 or 07921238594.
What you can expect from us:
- Being part of a positive, supportive, ‘can-do’ service and wider Trust
- We are a forward thinking, innovative organisation, proactive in delivering the most optimum services for our children, young people and wider local community
- Career development opportunities
- Regular development discussions
And some of the benefits of working for us, click HERE for more about our offer
- Mental health / emotional support – 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Hybrid model of remote working
- 29 days holiday on joining, plus bank holidays. This increases to 32 days after five years’ service, and then 34 days after ten years’ service
- Generous contributory pension scheme
The campaign closes on Monday 10th April 2023.
Interviews will be held w/c 24th April 2023.