- Employer: Winchester City Council
- Reference: WCC/23/233287
- Published: Mon 20/03/2023, 11:16 AM
- Closing on: Sun 16/04/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £34,723.00 to £39,493.00
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Winchester, Southampton, Hampshire, Basingstoke, Andover
Sustainability Programme Manager
Closing date - Sunday 16th April 2023
Interview date - Tuesday 28th April 2023
Full time, 37 hours per week
£34,723.00 to £39,493.00
There are two new opportunities to join the Sustainability team at Winchester City Council and to help deliver its drive to be greener faster and a carbon neutral council in 2024 and a district by 2023.
In 2019, the council declared a climate emergency and six months later had created a Carbon Neutrality Action Plan with significant budget allocated support its work. Since then much has been achieved, but there is still a lot to do and these two new posts will be central to driving the carbon neutral and sustainability work of the council across its own operations and the district.
These are exciting and challenging roles that demonstrate the council’s commitment to a step change in delivery to address the climate emergency and the pressing need to reduce Winchester district’s carbon footprint. The work is high profile with a great expectation of achievement of outcomes against targets.
The Sustainability Programme Manager will provide the lead programme management for the council’s complex, cross service, multi-agency carbon reduction priority. It will co-ordinate and act as a point of control to ensure the projects and activities the council has committed to deliver to achieve net zero carbon (as a council and district) are effectively managed, monitored and reported. A Carbon Neutrality Board of members and senior officers oversee the programme and providing reports of progress on carbon projects against the agreed programme will be an important aspect of the role.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity then this is the role for you. In return, we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- 26 days annual leave per year rising to 33 days - dependent on length of service
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking at any Winchester Park and Ride (during work hours)
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development