12-month fixed-term contract
We’re helping our community be independent and resilient, your role in this will unlock financial hardship support for those who need it.
We know the current economic challenges are having a huge impact on the financial position and wellbeing of the local community. We are taking proactive steps to develop and promote initiatives to support those facing financial hardship and this role is vital in making sure the support reaches the right people.
You’ll have time in this role to explore where our welfare support can make the biggest difference in helping people. You’ll be managing our strategic approach to financial hardship through our cross-council action plan, in place since October 2022. You will be meeting our teams across the council and external partners to understand how the community can make the most of existing support and how we can better target those in need and maximise take up of a range of support – both financial and wider. You have an opportunity to drive improvements in the welfare and outcomes of our residents.
Because we're Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
This is a unique role that will work across multiple teams within the council. You will be part of the Chief Executive’s Office which has strong links to wider teams. By sitting in the policy and performance section of the Chief Executive’s Office, you will be part of shaping and delivering the strategic direction for addressing the financial hardship agenda. You will also be closely linked with the Community Engagement Team and Communications Team within the Chief Executive’s Office.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Initiate and implement project-based tasks as set out within the Financial Hardship Action Plan, such as:
- Increasing the uptake of existing support, for example Free School Meals and Winter Fuel Payments
- Developing new information and signposting materials to increase the reach of support across all sections of the community including where there is under-representation in take-up
- Analysing data from a range of data sources, to target welfare support, for example related to in-work poverty and identify appropriate solutions
- Coordinating drop-in events for residents to speak to subject experts related to local financial hardship support
- Monitor the progress made on the commitments set out in the council-wide Financial Hardship Action Plan, reporting the delivery at relevant meetings and addressing challenges as they arise.
- Engaging with relevant teams and partners to ensure that new projects are initiated and implemented with long term sustainability.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme and the ability to work remotely for up to 4 days a week.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre when you are in the office.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We’re looking for someone with knowledge of the challenges around financial hardship particularly related to the impact of the pandemic and the increasing cost of living. This should be paired with a drive to take action to improve this. Someone who has experience delivering projects in the community and/or working with different partners would be well suited for this role.
This role will be offered as a secondment should the successful candidate be internal.
Interviews will be held on 20th/21st April 2023
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role please contact:
Policy and Performance Lead
Tel: 01344 352217
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.