- Employer: Sevenoaks District Council
- Reference: SDC/23/233470
- Published: Tue 21/03/2023, 15:00 PM
- Closing on: Thu 13/04/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £26,072 – £40, 156 (depending upon experience) plus a Car Allowance of up to £1,239
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Council Offices, Argyle Road, Kent
More InformationMore about this employer
Planning Enforcement Officer (Career Grade)
Our Planning Enforcement team investigates all reports of alleged breaches of planning control which is a critical role within the Planning team and the wider Council.
As part of our wider planning department, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a variety of planning experts who’ll be on hand to help you with any queries you may have in your investigations.
You’ll ensure the Enforcement service delivers excellent work through your commitment, enthusiasm, and loyalty. You’ll be a positive role model for the service and for your colleagues by inspiring trust through honesty and integrity.
You’ll be able to show initiative in solving problems with creative solutions and be comfortable mentoring and supporting colleagues.
As a committed team player, you’ll have excellent communication skills to interact with our customers and deliver a high-quality service.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A Levels or equivalent level of education
- Effective negotiation skills
- Proven experience of investigative work in a planning environment
For appointment to the higher end of the career grade:
- Degree in Town Planning or relevant associate discipline
- Significant experience of inspections and investigations into breaches of planning control and be able to demonstrate a track record of making appropriate recommendations and decisions on the course of action
- Previous experience of mentoring junior colleagues
This role will be based at our Council Offices, Argyle Road, Sevenoaks Kent TN13 1HG. We currently operate a hybrid working model for the majority of our roles where your working time will be divided between the office (2-3 days) and home working (2-3 days).
Do you want to know more about the role?
Please contact Maria Payne, Planning Enforcement Manager, on 01732 227320 for an informal discussion about the role.
For any agency enquiries, please contact Lucy Wraxall, Recruitment & Onboarding Advisor on 01732 227383.
For details on the Council and the benefits of working for us, please see our Candidate Pack - https://sevenoaks.pagetiger.com/cylwmij/1
Please take a look at our Enforcement Plan and Statement of Community Involvement for more information about how we engage with our customers.
Do you want to ensure you have the best chance of being shortlisted?
Read the Job Description and Personal Specification attached to the role and ensure that your supporting statement explains how you meet the essential requirements as your application will be judged against these criteria.
Closing date: 13th April 2023
Interviews: 21st April 2023