- Employer: Bracknell Forest Council
- Reference: People/23/233563
- Published: Wed 22/03/2023, 9:38 AM
- Closing on: Wed 05/04/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £25,878 - £31,099 plus £663 London Weighting
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: New Hope, Berkshire
Recovery Facilitator DAAT
As a Recovery Facilitator at New Hope you will work within a small team to support people to achieve their goals.
You will manage a caseload of individuals with differing levels of complexity to improve their outcomes and re-integrate into the community.
We want to help our most vulnerable residents to get their lives firmly on track. It’s why our Recovery Facilitators have the time to get to know everyone they work with. We’re working towards success for our clients. And we do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done. Put simply, we change lives for the better. Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
New Hope is the centre from which drug and alcohol services are delivered in and this role is pivotal in ensuring that people wishing to access the services are assessed in a timely manner. We work as a team to ensure all Bracknell Forest residents are receiving the highest support package possible. The successful applicant will work within a team who are highly motivated and work together to the best of their ability.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To complete comprehensive assessments and risk assessments as required in respect of adults and young people who present to New Hope with substance misuse issues.
- To complete reviews in respect of recovery plans and identify progress against agreed outcomes in respect of adults and young people using substance misuse services in Bracknell.
- To deliver a full range of substance misuse interventions to support adults and young people to recover from their addictions.
- To liaise with partner agencies such criminal justice agencies, schools and health professionals and obtain information about individuals to be used to ensure that a holistic approach is taken.
- To attend multi professional meetings as required;
- To deliver a full range of interventions on a one to one basis and in group settings and provide harm reduction advice and information to adults and young people entering treatment.
We offer an extensive training programme for all members of staff which is designed so that members of staff are knowledgeable on substance misuse and the interventions that can be delivered to support individuals.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
What we’re looking for…
The suitable candidate for this post will need to have excellent skills in assessing needs and identifying risks. Experience of dealing with people with complex needs is desirable as is attention to detail due to the fact that some of the people accessing the service will be subject statutory orders/requirements to attend. A high standard of computer literacy and data management is required as is a clear understand of confidentiality.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 12th April 2023.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Nicole Hoskins
Job Title: DAAT Team Leader
Phone Number: 01344 352382
Or Sundeep Saundh – Dept Head of DAAT 01344 312360
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.