Do you want to work in an exciting city with talented people and play a key part in our finance improvement journey? We have an exciting new opportunity for a Finance Business Partner (Schools) to join our Financial Management Service (FMS) providing dedicated technical financial advice, support and assurance to schools, colleges and other education settings and support services.
As an experienced accountant with significant experience of local government finance, you will bring experience of customer focus and a proven ability in effective budget/financial management.
You will be responsible for the development of the scheme for financing maintained schools and the funding framework for schools. This will include the development of the schools funding formula; ensuring that the Council is able to fulfil all of its statutory duties in relation to financing and funding of Schools, High Needs and SEN, Early Years providers and Central Education provision.
- You will have a recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. CCAB or equivalent).
- Experience at a senior level in a large, complex organisation in a financial management role, including financial planning, external funding and in the development of financial strategies.
- Substantial experience in schools finance including Fair Funding formula, Scheme of Delegation to Schools and consultation thereof.
- A track record of providing strategic and technical financial advice to senior management and Elected Members (or equivalent in an alternative public sector environment).
- Experience and the ability to prepare both Revenue and Capital budgets and final accounts within a framework of recognised accounting standards.
- Highly developed analytical skills capable of interpreting and modelling complex information to support decision making.
- Ability to communicate persuasively, articulate in speech and in writing and adapt appropriately to different audiences, use influencing and negotiation skills effectively.
If you would like to talk to a member of the team about the role or have an informal discussion, please contact Hiba Jangoan on email@example.com