- Employer: Winchester City Council
- Reference: WCC/23/233616
- Published: Wed 22/03/2023, 12:40 PM
- Closing on: Mon 10/04/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time
- Hours: 22.5 hours per week
- Salary: £21,115.34 to £24,016.01 (£34,723.00 to £39,493.00 FTE)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Winchester, Southampton, Hampshire, Basingstoke, Andover
HR Officer (Learning and Development) Part-Time
Closing date – Monday 10th April 2023
Interview date – TBC
£21,115.34 to £24,016.01 (£34,723.00 to £39,493.00 FTE)
Do you want to help to empower people to develop and grow?
Now is an exciting time to be joining the HR team at Winchester City Council. We are looking for a part-time HR Officer (Learning and Development) to join our small and friendly team.
About the job:
22.5 hours per week, actual working pattern to be agreed. All council employees are expected to work at least 50% of their time in the office.
You’ll be working as part of the HR team and alongside the HR Service Lead to provide employees and managers with a comprehensive set of training resources both online and in person.
You’ll play a key role in the production and implementation of an annual Council Learning and Development Plan.
You will plan and co-ordinate training sessions and programmes, designing and delivering training on HR related matters as required.
You will be able to identify the current and future skills requirement of Winchester City Council.
- You will be organised, methodical and customer-orientated.
- You will have the highest level of confidentiality/discretion.
- You will be passionate about helping people develop and learn.
Working as a HR Officer (Learning and Development) in the HR department at Winchester, you’ll join a close-knit team that is fully committed to providing a great support system for all employees and stakeholders within the organisation.
Winchester is the ancient capital of England but we have our sights firmly on the future. We are proud to be the county town of Hampshire with its magnificent Cathedral, King Arthur’s round table and home to Winchester College.
Winchester City Council offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Hybrid-working (50% in the office, 50% at home – after first 3 weeks in office)
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- 26 days annual leave per year rising to 33 days - dependent on length of service (pro rata)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free park and ride during work hours
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
To apply for this HR Officer (Learning and Development) role, please click ‘Apply’ button at the top of this advert or, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Robert O’Reilly (Service Lead: HR) on 07980 732036.