- Employer: Lincolnshire County Council
- Reference: 18520
- Published: Wed 03/05/2023, 13:43 PM
- Closing on: Sun 21/05/2023, 13:43 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: £35,000 - £44,999
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Lincolnshire, Lincoln
More InformationMore about this employer
Principal Planning Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic planner to join LCC’s Planning Team as a Principal Planning Officer.
About the role
You must have a can-do attitude and the confidence to deal with complex and often controversial applications with a particular focus on minerals and waste related development. Duties are varied and will include giving pre-application advice, processing screening and scoping opinion requests and representing the Council at planning appeals as required. As well as actively managing your own caseload you will also play an important role in supporting and developing senior planning officers and junior staff and assist the Applications Manager in leading the team.
About the team
You will join an existing team and hold line management responsibility for two Senior Planning Officers. We are a close knit team with a wealth of expertise and extensive experience who will welcome you into a supportive and creative working environment. On joining the team, you will be well supported, but you will be able to find your feet quickly and lead your team.
In addition to holding a degree and a professional planning qualification giving eligibility for full membership of the RTPI you will have:
Excellent knowledge of the planning system, policies and procedures, and extensive experience of dealing with a wide range of planning proposals;
- Strong negotiation, decision making and judgement skills;
- Sensitivity, tact and discretion in dealing with members of the public, developers, colleagues and councillors; and
- Experience of managing staff and the ability to motivate and lead people, setting clear objectives to achieve good customer service and performance management.
About Our Offer
Along with a competitive salary we are offering:
- A Contributory pension
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes and cycle to work
- Flexible working policies
- Career progression opportunities
- A generous annual leave entitlement plus the option to buy more
Further details can be found in our rewards and benefits brochure
If this sounds like the role for you, then please read through the full Job Description, before clicking apply! If you would like to know more about Lincolnshire County Council and our current vacancies then click on over to www.lincolnshire.gov.uk.
PLEASE NOTE: It is imperative that your covering letter/personal statement clearly states why you have applied, how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role as set out in the Job Description (attached on LCC jobs Site) and what you feel you can bring to this role, the team and the wider County Council.
Relocation expenses will be considered for this position.
Applications will close on 21/05/23 and interviews will take place on or around 05/06/23
For a confidential and informal discussion about the role please contact:
Marc Willis (Applications Manager) at email@example.com as we would love the opportunity to consider your application.
Best of luck with your application.