- Employer: Resources
- Reference: RES/23/233709
- Published: Wed 19/04/2023, 16:53 PM
- Closing on: Wed 26/04/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £40,000 - £44,999
- DBS Check: No
- Location: County Hall, Hertford, Hertfordshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Diversity & Inclusion Manager
Job Title: Diversity & Inclusion Manager
Location: County Hall, Hertford with flexible working
Salary Range: £43,516 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £48,587 per annum
Hours: 37 per week
Contract: Fixed Term for 1 Year
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
A fantastic opportunity to join an organisation working to ensure that Diversity and Inclusion forms part of everyone’s DNA. We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven Diversity, and Inclusion Manager with effective project management skills that align with our vision, values and our Diversity and Inclusion strategy.
The purpose of this role is to manage projects and processes, lead planning, identify risk and recommend appropriate action while managing teams, budgets and other duties. The ability to provide technical advice and guidance around the Diversity and Inclusion agenda and build relationships with internal/external stakeholders is essential.
You will have the opportunity to design new processes to support a unique Diversity and Inclusion structure. You will also have the space to be innovative and design digital alternatives to current process/practice while identifying solutions to the challenges faced by colleagues who work in our remote sites and require greater interaction with corporate activity. The role will also enable you to devise programmes/initiatives that foster a sense of belonging and counter isolation within the current hybrid environment. The role provides an exciting opportunity to work directly with our external partners including Health, Education, Police, faith groups and minority ethnic entrepreneurs as they champion the Diversity and Inclusion agenda in their circles of influence across Hertfordshire communities.
We are looking for you to:
- Possess a professional qualification and/or relevant degree (or equivalent) relevant to project Management, plus substantial experience or substantial vocational experience demonstrating development through involvement in a series of progressively demanding roles
- Be up to date and authoritative knowledge of the work practices, systems, processes and procedures relevant to the Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and able to apply this knowledge in new and varied circumstances
- Possess experience in delivering small projects or managing areas of projects within larger and more complex projects
- Be knowledgeable around contract management principles and associated procedures and regulations, with the ability to agree and shape standards to a particular project environment
- Be able to monitor, plan and manage an agreed budget within a defined area, producing reports and analysing
- Be able to provide team leadership for small Diversity and Inclusion related projects or contribute to a broader programmes that require engagement from a diversity and inclusion perspective
- Possess the ability to organise work over weeks and months, or plan ahead for others, taking account of priorities and the impact on other people/services
- Have a high level of organisational and political awareness, and a strong understanding of the political implications for certain decisions and the ability to provide advice and guidance for political representatives
- Possess the ability to influence and provide specialist guidance and advice around diversity and inclusion to others, and be confident and to motivate others.
- Extensive knowledge of the Diversity and Inclusion agenda; the principles, legal/historical background as well as the application of the agenda in the workplace/community application essential for this role.
- The ability to manage projects using project software/programmes, organise and hold colleagues, stakeholders to account while managing timelines is also key to this role.
- You will need to be able to work on multiple projects while attending to the other aspects of the role.
- The role also includes management responsibility for a small team undertaking broadly similar types of activities as well as management of allocated budgets.
Closing Date: Wednesday 26th April 2023
Interview Date: Thursday 11th May 2023
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01438 844100