- Employer: Origin Housing
- Reference: OH/23/233735
- Published: Thu 23/03/2023, 9:13 AM
- Closing on: Sun 02/04/2023, 23:57 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week, Flexible working arrangements with office attendance approx twice per week
- Salary: 36663
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Euston, London , Camden
Resident Engagement Officer
Resident Engagement Officer 00630
Refer a Friend
« Back to Vacancy List
- Flexible working with a need to work part of the time at our Head Office in Euston (approx twice a week )
- Job Profile
Job Profile document
- 36663 per annum
- About the Vacancy
Resident Engagement Officer
Origin – Great homes, positive people and strong communities
An inspiring past and a bright future
A home is the essential foundation for a good quality of life, so what we do every day really matters to the wellbeing of our communities. Here at Origin, we trace our roots back almost 100 years, building and managing high quality homes as well as providing support services and housing for those who are most vulnerable in London and Hertfordshire. We work to provide safe, decent affordable homes and support for individuals and communities.
Focused on our residents, our driving ambition is to provide services that make people’s lives easier, and homes and communities they can be proud to live in. We are ‘not for profit’ and reinvest all our surpluses back into our varied and vibrant neighbourhoods.
The role – Resident Engagement Officer
As the Resident Engagement Officer, you will work customers and colleagues to identify and create opportunities for residents to have their say about our services and how we can improve them. This will involve carrying out consultations, running focus groups, designing surveys, mystery shopping and running scrutiny projects. You’ll also work with, and support, our formal resident panel – Spotlight – to ensure that they have everything they need to thrive.
What you’ll do
- Identify opportunities for resident involvement in policy reviews, procurement, service improvement projects and around national and local consultation issues. You’ll facilitate these sessions and provide support to other colleagues to carry them out too.
- Use a range of engagement methods to get the best outcome for residents and staff.
- Build meaningful relationships with residents that are based on trust and accountability, whilst supporting and advising staff on how to improve resident involvement in their service areas.
- Be the first point of contact for involved residents and support both the Spotlight panel, scrutiny activities and other residents who express an interest in getting involved.
What you’ll need
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience in working in resident involvement and a good understanding of the different methodologies and tools to get the best outcomes from resident involvement.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build trusted and valued relationships.
- A demonstrated history of being a customer care role model.
- Excellent planning, prioritising and organisational skills.
Our core values are at the heart of how we work
- Take the lead
- Create energy
- Build trust
- Be generous
- Stay grounded
- Remember the little things
We're committed to the wellbeing of our people and in creating an environment that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
Our benefits to you
- Origin’s ways of working make it easier for you to balance work and home life. You will benefit from flexible working which offers you the opportunity to work from where you are most effective, with the technology and equipment you need, as well as access to flexible space for collaborative working.
- A generous 25-day holiday allowance plus bank holidays, that increases with time, with the opportunity to buy and sell leave
- 2 additional ‘giving something back’ volunteer days
- A pension scheme with contributions from 4% of your salary
- Family leave, compassionate leave and enhanced maternity pay
- Simply Health cash plan providing money back when you spend on health appointments including physiotherapy, dental and opticians
- Interest free loans to help spread the cost of a season ticket or another big purchase
- Annual staff conference, team away days and annual team meal allowance
- Access to Perk Box for fantastic savings on everyday purchases and much more
- Free employee assistance programme
- Opportunities to join staff network groups
- Refer a friend bonus
And there’s more ….click here to see our full list of benefits
We’re also committed to ensuring that our people have access to an excellent range of learning and development opportunities including our induction programme, course sponsorship, leadership development, mentoring and talent schemes along with professional membership if it’s a requirement to your role.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience meet the job description for Resident Engagement Officer below.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 2nd April 2023
Interviews will be held in person on: Thursday 13th April 2023
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice. However, all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.