- Employer: Wokingham Borough Council
- Reference: 711786
- Published: Fri 24/03/2023, 10:30 AM
- Closing on: Sun 23/04/2023, 23:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £27,344 - £31,099 Per Annum (Grade 6)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Shute End, Wokingham, Berkshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Case Officer SEND
We have an incredible opportunity for a SEND Case officer to join our Assessment Team in the friendly SEND department.
As a SEND Case Officer, you will be supporting the EHC needs assessments. This important role offers the opportunity to work in a variety of settings in coproduction with parents/carers, children/young people and other professionals.
The SEND team delivers new statutory assessments within the twenty-week timeframe. It manages the annual review process and updates Education Health and Care Plans as required. The team monitors outcomes for children and young people with SEND who are in receipt of an Education, Health and Care Plan and support commissioned by Wokingham Borough Council.
Responsibilities will include:
- Processing EHC Needs Assessments.
- Preparing cases for SEND Panel.
- Supporting casework.
- Liaison with multi-agencies and professionals.
- Working closely with your allocated Senior SEND Case Officer.
- Ability to manage a caseload.
- Knowledge and ability to apply SEND legislation and guidance.
- Ability to work in a variety of settings in coproduction with parents/carers and children/young people.
- Organised with strong prioritising skills to meet conflicting demands and deadlines.
- Good admin and ICT skills.
- Emotional resilience.
- Work on own initiative.
Wokingham is an attractive market town in Berkshire, with excellent road and rail links and is easily accessible from London and Reading.
We can offer you a vast number of benefits including hybrid working, flexible working, a local government pension scheme, generous annual leave entitlement, discounts and much more!
Closing date: Sunday 23rd April 2023, 11pm
Interview date: W/C 1st May 2023
For an informal discussion, please contact Charlotte Greenbank on Charlotte.Greenbank@wokingham.gov.uk
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.