- Employer: Wokingham Borough Council
- Reference: 712641
- Published: Fri 24/03/2023, 11:00 AM
- Closing on: Sun 23/04/2023, 23:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £36,298 - £40,478 Per Annum (Grade 8)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Shute End, Wokingham, Berkshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Senior Officer SEND
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Officer to join the Review Team in our friendly SEND Department.
As Senior Officer you will play a key role in supporting the monitoring and review of children with EHCPs, as well as overseeing the annual review process.
The SEND Team ensures that Wokingham Borough Council fulfils its statutory duties in relation to legislation around the assessment of children and young people’s Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
The position is for the Y11+ cohort, so knowledge and experience of preparing for adulthood and post-16 is essential.
- Attending and processing annual reviews.
- Preparing cases for SEND Panel and Complex Case Forum. Supporting and coordinating casework.
- Amending EHCPs. Liaison with multi-agencies and professionals.
- Placement searches.
- Working closely with your allocated SEND Case Officer.
- Supporting the Assistant Team Manager with complex casework.
- Ability to manage a large and complex caseload.
- Knowledge and ability to apply SEND legislation and guidance.
- Ability to work in coproduction with parents/carers, children/young people, settings and professionals.
- Good admin and ICT skills.
- Can prioritise competing demands and work to deadlines.
- Emotional resilience.
- Work on own initiative.
Wokingham is an attractive market town in Berkshire, with excellent road and rail links and is easily accessible from London and Reading.
We can offer you a vast number of benefits including a local government pension scheme, generous annual leave entitlement, discount and much more!
Closing date: Sunday 23rd April 2023, 11pm
Interview date: W/C 1st May 2023
For an informal discussion, please contact Charlotte Greenbank on Charlotte.Greenbank@wokingham.gov.uk
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.