- Employer: Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council
- Reference: R&P/23/233829
- Published: Wed 10/05/2023, 14:33 PM
- Closing on: Mon 29/05/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: £24,496 - £26,845 + Benefits
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Wirral, Hybrid Working, Cheshire Lines Building, Merseyside
Assistant Planning Enforcement Officer
Assistant Planning Enforcement Officer
£24,496 - £26,845 + Benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to join Wirral Council. We are looking for a Assistant Planning Enforcement Officer to join our Planning Department. You will be a key part of the team where you will be dealing with all minor matters in respect of planning enforcement, particularly in connection with domestic developments and minor commercial developments
ABOUT THE JOB
As an Assistant Planning Enforcement Officer, you will Investigate minor complaints regarding alleged breaches of planning control, including those in relation to trees and Listed Buildings. You will conduct site visits and assess whether a breach has taken place and whether any breach is harmful and where necessary, take appropriate enforcement action.
You will also be responsible for Process and determine a caseload of all aspects of planning enforcement related complaints, appeals, conditions compliance and all other post-decision matters particularly around domestic and minor commercial developments.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of working on planning enforcement matters, including the carrying out of investigations, achieving resolution through negotiation and/or persuasion, carrying out harm and expediency assessments and, where necessary, pursuing appropriate action.
You will ideally have a Degree in Town Planning or a closely related discipline and Evidence of continuous professional development related to one or more aspects of planning enforcement and/or development management.
Knowledge of the relevant law, Government guidance, policies and practice relating to planning and planning enforcement matters are essential.
At Wirral Council, we work together to make Wirral a place we can all be proud of. We know Wirral Council touches almost every aspect of residents’ lives. That is a huge responsibility. Our vision is to create equity for people and place and opportunities for all to secure the best possible future for our residents, communities and businesses.
Wirral is thriving and constantly changing. We have completely rewritten who we are as an organisation. It’s an exciting time for our borough as we progress our ambitious plans and developments. Our priorities are developed based on what our residents have told us they want and need.
In response we’re working to:
- Build a prosperous and inclusive economy for residents and businesses.
- Create a sustainable environment to and lead the way on tackling climate change.
- Provide safe and pleasant communities.
- Support residents to lead active and healthy lives.
- Provide brighter futures for our children, young people and their families.
- At Wirral, we really care about developing our people. Your career aspirations are important to us. We want to know what matters to you. We want to know how we can help you in the next step on your journey. We encourage learning in the flow of work, we know that collaborative learning works really well here. Most importantly, we strive for a person led learning culture. Our people are supported by their managers in their learning and are backed by the organisation.
- We have an attractive rewards and benefits package for employees that is free to join and offers a range of discounts in over 7000 outlets on shopping, dining out, theatre, cinema, experiences and much more. Current schemes offer the opportunity to purchase technology, cars, phones and bicycles.
- You will enjoy our generous annual leave offer, entitled to 28 days leave per year, plus 8 additional public holidays. Your entitlement will increase to 33 days plus the public holidays after 5 years of service. You may also choose to purchase additional annual leave.
- It is important to us that our people feel happy, healthy and engaged at work. Our wellbeing offer for staff focuses on what you need to have more great days at work, including access to an Employee Assistance Programme, Occupational health support, a discount at invigor8 gyms and Travel and cycle loans.
Please note that in accordance with the Council’s policy, employees who are in a formal redeployment situation will be considered in the first instance for all vacancies.
It is Council policy not to re-appoint any employee who has left under the terms of the Council's Early Voluntary Retirement (EVR) scheme or who have left with a voluntary severance (VS) package, unless in exceptional circumstances.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications.
Applications can only be accepted through the Jobs page following registration. Forms received via the post will not be processed.
All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK. Details of required documents can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the Jobs page.
The job description and other supporting documents will not be accessible once the vacancy closing date has passed so if a copy is required you should download it now.
How to Apply
Please apply online by clicking the link below
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.