- Employer: Home Group
- Reference: 23501
- Published: Thu 23/03/2023, 15:40 PM
- Closing on: Thu 06/04/2023, 16:40 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: FULLTIME
- Salary: £40,000 - £44,999
- DBS Check: No
- Location: London (Farringdon Road)
Maintenance Surveyor (Repairs and Voids)
Hybrid role - working from home, our office in Farringdon, London and our properties either in and around the Harrow area of London or North West of London (let's us know which location you prefer)
Permanent, full time (37.5 hpw)
Circa £41,000 per annum (South-East and London periphery) plus great benefits including Health Cash Plan
Home, a place where you belong
Are you an experienced Maintenance Surveyor looking for a new role with a great employer? Come join us at Home Group and be part of our fantastic repairs and maintenance team. Make a difference as you support us to continuously improve the quality standards of our properties. If you fancy working alongside a brilliant team and to continue developing your own career as you grow with us, then read on?
Typical day as a Maintenance Surveyor
- Carrying out pre and post inspections of repairs on both responsive and void properties, managing a patch of around 1200 properties, ensuring high-quality work and that our customers are happy with the outcome. We are recruiting two Surveyors and you will either look after our properties in and around the Harlow area of London or our properties North West of London.
- Ordering required works from our partner contractor Breyer Group, ensuring we deliver a high-quality, cost-effective and compliant service.
- Contract management including progress against building works schedules and ensuring statutory compliance.
- Utilising customer insight to support us in delivering on our customer promise, delivering high customer satisfaction and service standards.
- Managing any disrepair cases and helping customers combat damp and mould issues in their homes
- Ensuring void re-servicing is carried out to a high standard, enabling re-let as soon as possible.
Fancy going home each day knowing that you have helped change our customers lives for the better? You?ll do that here, working for the 5th Great Place to Work in the UK!
- Building surveying experience including property condition and dilapidation surveys and specifying remedial works.
- Ideally hold RICS, CIOB professional registration or working towards this.
- Current knowledge of building repairs, construction and safety.
- Able to manage, control budgets and expenditure.
- A vehicle insured for business purposes. The great news is that we?ll pay your mileage!
- A self-starter approach, able to work unsupervised to manage your own patch, working commercially to deliver our programmes of work on time and to budget.
You?ll join me Abbigail, Maintenance and Contract manager and my team, we?re super passionate about what we do! We?re really proud of the difference we make looking after our customers properties in Central London. We have four Surveyors in the team, are supported by brilliant Estate Liaison Officers and an administrator too. We?re a supportive bunch and like to get together regularly for a catch up and a cuppa.?
? Job details
- Working Monday to Friday, you?ll shape your own diary around work, customers? and your own commitments.
- This is a hybrid role, so you?ll typically spend some days in our office at Farringdon, London, some days working at home and the rest working in our properties in the Harrow area or North West of London (let's us know which area you would prefer).
- You must be able to use technology for updating records, budget and KPI management, completing online learning and collaborating with other colleagues.
- You?ll need a Basic DBS check done and we pay for that.
A place where you belong
Great things happen when we can be ourselves at work. We want all our colleagues to be who they truly are here. Our internal diversity networks, peers and allies (Multicultural, LGBTQIA+ and Disability) support us all to be our best. Together we make Home Group a great place to work!
What?s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30), the option to buy 5 more, a me day (to take off for whatever you fancy) and time off for volunteering too!
- Health cash plan saving you from £1140 per annum. We?ll cover your costs (and kids if you have them) towards dental, optical, prescriptions, alternative therapies and lots more. Over 800 high street discounts on groceries, holidays and days out. Looking for a new phone, bike or car? Save money with us.
- Generous pension scheme with life insurance of 3x salary
- We Grow Our Own colle