- Employer: Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council
- Reference: R&P/23/233887
- Published: Thu 23/03/2023, 16:43 PM
- Closing on: Sun 16/04/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: £44,539 - £47,573 + Benefits
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Wirral, Hybrid Working, Cheshire Lines Building, Merseyside
Principal Planning & Enforcement Team Leader
Principle Planning & Enforcement Team Leader
£44,539 - £47,573 + Benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to join Wirral Council. We are looking for a Principle Planning & Enforcement Team Leader to join our Planning Department. You will be a key part of the team where you shall manage a team of planning officers and deal with all matters relating to the determination of planning applications and pre-application discussions.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Principle Planning & Enforcement Team Leader, you will manage the Development Management team and/or enforcement and tree officers, overseeing the work of the team and ensuring statutory regulations are implemented correctly. You will lead in the implementation of service improvement initiatives and to be an effective part of the management team for the service contributing to the team meeting its statutory, corporate and performance objectives.
The ideal candidate will take a leading role in the development, implementation and monitoring of various planning policies and programmes/initiatives to support and develop the work of the service and Regeneration & Place Directorate.
You will ideally have experience of working within a Local Authority Planning team and Experience of managing large and complex planning applications, having successfully resolved issues and negotiated successful outcomes.
You will need to be a member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) or eligible for membership.
At Wirral Council, we work together to make Wirral a place we can all be proud of. We know Wirral Council touches almost every aspect of residents’ lives. That is a huge responsibility. Our vision is to create equity for people and place and opportunities for all to secure the best possible future for our residents, communities and businesses.
Wirral is thriving and constantly changing. We have completely rewritten who we are as an organisation. It’s an exciting time for our borough as we progress our ambitious plans and developments. Our priorities are developed based on what our residents have told us they want and need.
In response we’re working to:
• Build a prosperous and inclusive economy for residents and businesses.
• Create a sustainable environment to and lead the way on tackling climate change.
• Provide safe and pleasant communities.
• Support residents to lead active and healthy lives.
• Provide brighter futures for our children, young people and their families.
- At Wirral, we really care about developing our people. Your career aspirations are important to us. We want to know what matters to you. We want to know how we can help you in the next step on your journey. We encourage learning in the flow of work, we know that collaborative learning works really well here. Most importantly, we strive for a person led learning culture. Our people are supported by their managers in their learning and are backed by the organisation.
- We have an attractive rewards and benefits package for employees that is free to join and offers a range of discounts in over 7000 outlets on shopping, dining out, theatre, cinema, experiences and much more. Current schemes offer the opportunity to purchase technology, cars, phones and bicycles.
- You will enjoy our generous annual leave offer, entitled to 28 days leave per year, plus 8 additional public holidays. Your entitlement will increase to 33 days plus the public holidays after 5 years of service. You may also choose to purchase additional annual leave.
- It is important to us that our people feel happy, healthy and engaged at work. Our wellbeing offer for staff focuses on what you need to have more great days at work, including access to an Employee Assistance Programme, Occupational health support, a discount at invigor8 gyms and Travel and cycle loans.
Please note that in accordance with the Council’s policy, employees who are in a formal redeployment situation will be considered in the first instance for all vacancies.
It is Council policy not to re-appoint any employee who has left under the terms of the Council's Early Voluntary Retirement (EVR) scheme or who have left with a voluntary severance (VS) package, unless in exceptional circumstances.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications.
Applications can only be accepted through the Jobs page following registration. Forms received via the post will not be processed.
All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK. Details of required documents can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the Jobs page.
The job description and other supporting documents will not be accessible once the vacancy closing date has passed so if a copy is required you should download it now.