18 months fixed term contract
It is an exciting time to join Bracknell Forest, we are looking for a Strategic Lead for SEN Specialist Support Services who not only has the experience, knowledge and ability to impact on outcomes, but also the empathy to understand the pressures on this service area in the current SEND and SEN Support landscape.
This is an exciting leadership opportunity to join a service which is transforming its shape in order to strengthen even further the support provided to over 1260 children and young people with Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans and 2500 in SEN Support.
Co-production with children, parents, carers and schools is at the heart of our work. We are expanding our Specialist Support Services and committed to investing in developing resources and creating capacity to develop a high quality team and service.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and strategic leader to join the service at a time of considerable change. Reporting into the Head of SEND and Specialist Support Services, the Strategic Lead for SEND Specialist Support Services will be a key member of the SEND Statutory and Specialist Support Services management team to support Children and Young People and the improvements in the service. This is your chance to make a lasting impact.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it's like working in our team...
In this role you will work as part of a highly skilled team of senior managers, developing strong professional relationships with education providers, health partners, third sector, parents / carers and key stakeholders.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training..
- To ensure the delivery of SEN specialist support services across the Local Authority for all internal and external stakeholders as directed by the Head of Special Educational Needs and Specialist Support Services.
- To implement the SEMH and safeguarding strategies in line with the council plan, partnering with the wider agencies, government bodies, senior leaders, key stakeholders and partners, as deemed appropriate.
- To manage delegated SEN Specialist Support services and safeguarding budget areas, negotiating and managing external frameworks, partners and suppliers as directed by the Head of SEND and Specialist Support Services in line with agreed contract terms and framework agreements in order to deliver the council’s ambitions and value for money priority.
- To ensure that all statutory and mandatory services are planned, aligned and available to all stakeholders as detailed in the statutory guidance and directed by the Head of SEND and Specialist Support Services.
- To be a proactive and accountable member of the SEND and Specialist Support Services management team ensuring business continuity is maintained across services and to represent or deputise for the Head of Service, if or when required.
The benefits you will experience are...
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Hybrid working and a flexi-time scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
An innovative, creative and progressive professional to lead the SEND Specialist Support Services team in Bracknell Forest Council. To coordinate and contribute to the work of partners, collaboratively working with parents, social care, health colleagues and wider inclusion services to ensure that outcomes for children and young people requiring SEN Support are promoted and supported in all settings. An ability to work closely with leaders from early years, mainstream and special school settings and the ability to form positive and constructive relationships will be key for the successful candidate.
Interviews will be held on Friday 21st April 2023.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Cheryl Eyre, Assistant Director Education and Learning
Tel.: 01344 351492
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.