- Employer: Surrey County Council
- Reference: orbis/TP/823/30451
- Published: Mon 27/03/2023, 3:44 AM
- Closing on: Wed 26/04/2023, 3:44 AM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours
- Hours: Varied and Flexible
- Salary: Up to £12.75 per hour
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Surrey
More InformationMore about this employer
Outdoor Learning Instructor
The starting rate for this position is £12.75 per hour (inclusive of 15.51% holiday entitlement).
If you're passionate about the outdoors, have great leadership skills and enjoy working with children and young people, WE want to hear from you!
Who are we?
Surrey Outdoor Learning and Development (SOLD) is a provider of high-quality Outdoor Learning programmes. We are committed to inspiring and engaging young people and adults, improving and enriching personal and social development and raising achievement, success and aspirations in life.
We are looking for people to join our team as Outdoor Learning Instructors. We are looking for qualified paddle sports instructors.
We want to hear from you if you are:
- Confident in leading others
- Love the outdoors
- A great communicator with excellent people skills
Once trained, your typical day would look like this:
- Arrival for staff briefing on the group's learning outcomes, the groups on site, their programmes and needs
- Gather group and lead introductory games
- Lead groups on their activity, which could be kayaking, paddleboarding, open canoeing, challenge course, orienteering, team tasks, archery, woodland skills to name a few
- Creatively review activity and then off to lunch
- Repeat in the afternoon!
- Staff debrief for the day
We're looking for Outdoor Learning Instructors at our centres in:
- Thames Young Mariners, Ham near Richmond, TW10 7RX
- Henley Fort, Guildford, GU2 4RH
We have various, flexible shift patterns on offer: 9am - 5pm, 1pm - 9.30pm and 9am - 9pm, Monday - Sunday.
This is a rolling job advert and applications will be checked on a regular basis.
A centre visit and chat about the role will be arranged at a mutually convenient time.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.