Starting salary: £32,228
Job Level: Level 2, Zone 2
Work Location: Homes Road, London (on-site and office based)
Hours per week: 36, Full-time
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: Tuesday, 11^th April 2023, 23:59 PM
Interviews to be held: TBC
Alternative flexible working options available / open to discussion
Anonymised Application – in keeping with Camden’s commitment to inclusion the recruitment to this role is anonymised and supports the objective of reducing the impact of unconscious bias.
** AGENCY STAFF, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY **
Camden is building somewhere everyone can thrive, by making our borough the best place to live, work, study and visit. We’re not just home to the UK’s fast-growing economy, we are also home to the most important conversations happening today. And we’re making radical social change a reality, so that nobody gets left behind. Here’s where you can help decide a better future for us all. As a Health and Safety Systems Coordinator, you will play a vital role in supporting the Property Management division work more efficiently.
This role supports the Health and Safety team within the Property Management division to provide a central administration of files and systems in relation to health and safety management. This central role will provide statistics, analysis and performance monitoring to report to senior management and contribute to an effective and efficient Health and Safety service.
The criteria outlined below give an indication of the some of the objects that this role will deliver:
- Provide an effective administrative support function to the Health & Safety team based in the Property Management Division ensuring that full support is provided in a consistent and professional manner.
- Ensure that actions from Health and Safety inspections are accurately recorded on systems, are allocated to the appropriate teams, monitored and completed.
- Accurately update and maintain the property records relating to Health & Safety to ensure any enquiries are readily and accurately responded to, and that ongoing Health and Safety investigations are evidenced and recorded.
- To take minutes of health and safety meetings and other meetings in relation to compliance and health and safety within Property Management.
- To provide support to the team in organising Health & Safety training, staff briefings and meetings, as we as other activities to raise awareness of Health & Safety.
- To positively contribute to the development of the team and accessibility for advice and guidance to other teams across the division and further afield.
- Support the Health and Safety advisors to organise and deliver training
You will be a detail focused and have experience of using health and safety and asset management systems. You will have an intermediate level ability in using Microsoft Excel and Word, with the ability to produce well-presented and coherent reports. You will good record keeping and document management skills, along with the ability to pro-actively solves problems.
- Experience in a similar role
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NEBOSH General (or equivalent)
To find out more about what it is like to work at Camden, meet some of our People by clicking HERE
Working for Camden
We’re ready to welcome your ideas, your views, and your rebellious spirit. Help us redefine how we’re supporting our communities, and we’ll redefine what a career can be. If that sounds good to you, we’d love to talk.
At Camden, you’ll receive a host of benefits as well as joining a flexible working employer. Click HERE to see full details of our benefits.
To view the Job Profile, please click HERE or copy and paste the below URL into your browser: https://camdocs.camden.gov.uk/HPRMWebDrawer/Record/9918208/file/document?inline
To apply for this job please follow the "Apply" link. In the ‘Why you?’ section of the application you will be required to demonstrate how you meet the role criteria noted in the Job Profile under the “About You” section.
** AGENCY STAFF, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY **
Inclusion and Diversity
We want Camden Council to be a great place to work and to ensure that our communities are represented across our workforce. A vital part of this is ensuring we are a truly inclusive organisation that encourages diversity in all respects, including diversity of thinking. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and those of Other Ethnicities, LGBT+, disabled and neurodiverse communities to make a real difference to our residents so that equalities and justice remains at the heart of everything we do.
To discover more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our r