- Employer: Castle Point Borough Council
- Reference: CPBC/23/234336
- Published: Tue 28/03/2023, 11:31 AM
- Closing on: Fri 14/04/2023, 16:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: Scale points 23 to 26 – (£30,151 - £32,909 per annum)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Essex
Community Safety Officer
An opportunity has arisen for a Community Safety Officer to join and become a valued member of a busy, friendly and professional team.
The position will be based at Castle Point Borough Council Offices in Benfleet, in the Licensing and Safer Communities Team. The role is responsible for the crucial delivery of community safety in the Borough, co-ordinating activities between the Council, the Police and other community agencies.
With demonstrable experience in a customer facing role, you will:
- provide a high-quality service and be point of contact for our customers, advising on anti-social behaviour and other complex issues
- play a key role in implementing problem-solving projects to reduce crime and disorder and to improve the protection of children and vulnerable adults across the Borough.
- assist in the development of links with police initiatives
- build and maintain partnerships with internal and external customers, agencies and local groups to provide a professional and positive service
- manage community safety budgets, taking responsibility for cost-cutting initiatives
- be comfortable liaising with various stakeholders to promote matters relating to the Council’s action plan
- Experience in dealing with anti-social behaviour, crime and community safety
- Sound knowledge of legislation and best practice in relation to community safety
- Proven strong communication, interpersonal and written skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work under autonomously and meet deadlines
- Excellent emotional intelligence, with empathetic approach
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Melanie Harris Head of Licensing and Safer Communities on 01268 882369.
Please apply online. Alternatively, you may wish to email email@example.com for an application pack. CVs alone will not be accepted.
This Council is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and we expect all our employees to share this commitment.
Castle Point Borough Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer.