- Employer: Winchester City Council
- Reference: WCC/23/234615
- Published: Thu 30/03/2023, 11:18 AM
- Closing on: Tue 25/04/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £34,723.00 to £39,493.00
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Winchester, Southampton, Hampshire, Basingstoke, Andover
Senior Planning Officer - Kings Barton
Closing Date: 25th April 2023
Interview Date: 8th May 2023
Two year fixed term contract
Are you wishing to expand your planning experience? Winchester has the role just for you, we need an enthusiastic and motivated team player to work across both our planning and community development team.
The Council is working with Cala Homes to ensure the successful delivery of 2,000 new homes and associated infrastructure, which includes a new local centre to provide shops and offices, new roads, footways and open space at Kings Barton.
At the heart of this new development is the opportunity to play a leading role in the successful planning and implementation of the development area as well as developing a sense of community, bringing together residents from all sectors of the community and facilitating integration between phases and with existing communities.
You will have a recognised professional planning qualification, at least three years’ experience and preferably membership or eligibility of membership to the RTPI.
The successful candidate will need a range of skills. The work will involve dealing with planning applications as well as providing technical planning support to the Team Leader on all things relating to the Kings Barton development. An important aspect of the role will be to develop a close working relationship with the developer and being the main point of contact. The successful candidate will act as a focal point for contact by Elected Members and Members of the public, agents and Parish Councils and will represent the Council at meetings and check for compliance on site.
You will be a good communicator, with office experience. An ability to interpret and measure plans is essential although full training will be given. Attention to detail is critical and the monitoring of the triggers in the legal agreements and planning conditions is vital along with financial contributions and disbursements. The delivery of high standards of customer care and being able to work within tight timescales is essential as is a full clean driving licence.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity then this is the role for you. In return, we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- 26 days annual leave per year rising to 33 days - dependent on length of service
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking (during work hours) at any Winchester Park and Ride
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
If you are interested in working for Winchester City Council please contact Julie Pinnock – Service Lead: Built Environment for an informal chat about the position 01962 848 439