- Employer: Woking Borough Council
- Reference: PEOP/23/234636
- Published: Thu 30/03/2023, 12:09 PM
- Closing on: Mon 17/04/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £26,814 – £31,187 per annum, dependent on experience plus flexible benefits allowance of £1,881 per annum plus a driving allowance of £2,600 (pay award pending.)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Woking, Surrey
More InformationMore about this employer
Anti Social Behaviour Officer
Do you possess a broad understanding of antisocial behaviour and how we should tackle it? Do you have good analytical, communication and people skills and the ability to deal with a variety of individuals? If you can match these skills, this could be the right job for you.
We are seeking an Anti-social Behaviour Officer to join the Woking Borough Council’s Resident Service’s Team, based at the Civic Offices in Woking town centre.
Reporting to the Resident Engagement and Anti-social Behaviour Team Leader, the successful candidate will be able to:
- Investigate suspected cases of antisocial behaviour and support affected individuals.
- Gather evidence and secure suitable resolutions to cases of antisocial behavior, including escalation to possession proceedings where appropriate.
- Deliver early interventions by working with external and internal agencies creating close cross working relationships.
- Develop and manage preventative work, including assisting the housing managers in using different techniques to stop escalation of cases.
As this job involves contact with vulnerable groups including children, successful applicants will be required to obtain a Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Assistance will be provided by the Council and further details will be in the job application pack.
Woking Borough Council takes a robust approach to thoroughly checking anyone who has applied to work with vulnerable groups including children.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post. An assessment may be required. If you have any queries or would like to discuss this further, please contact the Human Resources team.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Yvette Copping Resident Engagement and Anti-social Behaviour Team Leader, on 01483 743040 or email Yvette.email@example.com
Closing Date: Midnight Monday April 17th 2023
Interview Date: Friday 28th April 2023
Woking Borough Council values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.