- Employer: Notting Hill Genesis
- Reference: nhg/TP/982/673
- Published: Thu 30/03/2023, 5:08 AM
- Closing on: Thu 13/04/2023, 5:08 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 35 Hours
- Salary: £35196 - £39107 per annum + per annum for 35 hours per week.
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Kings Cross
Fire Risk Officer
Are you an organised, dedicated individual with fire safety experience and have a passion for keeping our buildings safe and compliant for the people who live in them? Do you have experience of contractor, stakeholder and resident relationship management? If so, then we'd love to hear from you.
We're looking for a Fire Risk Officer to join us in Assets and Sustainability with complementary skillsets - the ability to manage contractors, build strong working relationships to ensure our buildings are compliant and safe for residents.
We now have an opportunity for two fire risk officers to join us, one permanently and the other on a 12-month fixed-term contract.
You'll manage fire safety contractors to complete safe and reliable fire safety works by ensuring suppliers are well managed and perform to a high standard across NHG's property portfolio. The main elements of this new exciting role will include:
- Monitor and manage completion of Fire Risk Assessment actions
- Contract Management
- Financial Management - ensuring our contractors are paid on time
- Lead regular contract review meetings and scrutinise KPIs
- Provide guidance to internal staff members on completion of Fire Safety actions
For each of these areas you'll be accountable for performance and delivery of your contractors. You'll work alongside the existing Fire Risk Officers and Fire Risk Manager to ensure works are completed in a timely manner.
In summary, you'll deliver a service that ensures Fire Safety compliance is achieved and maintained via effective contract management.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to build on your fire safety experience. Your experience in contract management and building strong relationships with both external contractors and internal colleagues will be essential. You will bring experience of managing contractor relationships and building connections with residents. Resident safety will be your top priority while making sure that work carried out offers value for money.
There are opportunities within Assets and Sustainability to further develop your career in Fire Safety, to learn more about how our business operates and showcase your ability to build relationships in a supportive and vibrant environment.
We believe we work best when we're together, so you'll be expected to work from our head office in Kings Cross at least three days a week, as well as visit other locations as necessary to get the job done. A willingness to travel and be flexible is vital.
In return we offer:
- Excellent annual leave allowance and flexible working opportunities (qualifying period may apply)
- Generous pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay - we offer enhanced maternity and adoption pay in addition to statutory entitlements (qualifying period may apply)
- Employee assistance - free confidential advice and counselling services provided by independent specialist organisations
- Health cash plan
- Staff discounts - we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, gyms, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more
- Interest free loans: season ticket loan, tenancy deposit loan and training loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance x 4 annual salary
How to apply
- Applications close at 23:59 on 10 April 2023.
Please apply for this role with us online. If you are not able to apply online, please contact our HR team via to discuss your requirements.