- Employer: Surrey County Council
- Reference: orbis/TP/216435/31815
- Published: Thu 30/03/2023, 5:10 AM
- Closing on: Mon 17/04/2023, 5:10 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: Up to £53918 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Reigate, Surrey
More InformationMore about this employer
Strategic Contract Management Advisor
The starting salary for this role is £53,918 per annum for working 36 hours per week.
Surrey County Council is embarking on a major new initiative and is assembling an experienced team of commercial professionals to help shape how contract and commercial management is delivered. The Contract Management Advisory Service that sits within the Procurement Team has been tasked to design and then deliver a structured approach to support the commercial management of one of Surrey's newest and more complex contracts.
Surrey's Land and Property department is in the process of procuring a new Hard and Soft Facilities Management contract and, in the process, is changing how this service is delivered. This new service aims to consolidate the existing outsourced services under a single Total Facilities Management (TFM) contract from November 2023. This is a new approach for Surrey and requires a number of personnel and cultural changes. It also requires us to ensure we have the right people in key posts with the right skill sets to ensure that all contractual, commercial, and service objectives are met.
About the role
For this post, the successful applicant will need to understand the contract in great detail and be proficient in managing performance mechanisms to support the Land and Property department to ensure that the contract objectives are achieved. In this role, you will directly contribute advice on the most appropriate commercial approaches including the identification and application of commercial levers. You will also review payment mechanisms and apply penalties/reward mechanisms to drive the appropriate behaviours.
During the mobilisation phase, you will develop the reporting and assessment tools needed to monitor performance over time and will go on to apply these in practice. You will work closely with Procurement Partners and other key stakeholders to help deliver a high quality, customer focused end-to-end service.
To be considered for interview, please upload your CV and a personal statement, which clearly evidence the following:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification plus experience of contract, commercial or account management.
- Knowledge of the principles of commercial management, change management, risk management and continuous improvement, and their practical application.
- Strong commercial acumen, with the understanding of how to inspire and motivate others.
- Authoritative knowledge of the work practices, processes and procedures relevant to the role with the ability to use advanced problem solving and analytical skills to design and implement innovative solutions to drive commercial change.
- Ability to manage resources to deliver effective support to their area of responsibility.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with high level influencing skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
Previous experience in a public sector environment is not essential and we welcome applications from experienced professionals from other sectors. However, the successful candidate should be aware of the implications of working within a public sector environment and how this affects the delivery of strategies and new working practices.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 17/04/2023.
Interviews will take place in the week commencing 24/04/2023.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days' annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.