- Employer: Winchester City Council
- Reference: WCC/23/234917
- Published: Fri 31/03/2023, 11:46 AM
- Closing on: Wed 12/04/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Weekends
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £28,371.00 to £32,020.00
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Winchester, Southampton, Hampshire, Basingstoke, Andover
Disabled Facilities Grant Case Officer
18 month fixed term contract, 37 hours per week
Closing date: 12th April 2023
Provisional Interview date: 18th April 2023
Winchester City Council are looking for motivated individuals to work in our Private Sector Housing Team to duty to deliver home adaptations through Disabled Facilities Grants. You will be required to assist in processing Disabled Facilities Grants to maximise the independence and safety of local disabled people living in the private sector and social housing tenures across our district.
This is a busy and challenging role and you will need to demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills in order to meet service demands. You will need to be able to work within a team environment but also have the skills to work on your own initiative. Strong communication and customer care skills are essential.
The successful candidate must have good interpersonal skills and able to use their own initiative to overcome challenges and problem solve. They should also be prepared to receive additional training regarding the legislation governing the delivery of Disabled Facilities Grants and further training in adaptations found in the home environment.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity then this is the role for you. In return, we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- 26 days annual leave per year rising to 33 days - dependent on length of service
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking (during work hours) at any Winchester Park and Ride
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and you must be able to meet the travel requirements of the post.
For more information about the post, please contact Rhiannon Riley, Senior Disabled Facilities Grant Case Officer on 01962 848 455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org