Job Title: Adult Social Workers & Senior Social Workers
Location: Stevenage / Hemel Hempstead - (hybrid options)
£33,820 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £37,261 per annum (Social Worker)
£38,296 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £42,503 per annum (Senior Social Worker)
Plus relocation package, £1,000 welcome payment* terms apply & lease car* terms apply
Hours: Part time and 37 hours per week
Contract: Permanent and fixed term contracts available
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? We are looking for SWE registered Social Workers to join one of our teams. Come and join us!
If you have recently completed the Social Work degree, you will enrolled onto our ASYE programme with all the benefits and support for a newly Qualified Social Worker.
For the Senior Social Worker vacancies, requirements for the role include;
- You will be a qualified, registered Social Worker who has successfully completed an ASYE program and is working to the Social Work England professional standards.
- Actively undertakes a specialist role e.g., AMHP, Practice Educator, Moving & Handling, Housing solutions lead or equivalent, or agreement to undertake at least one of these roles within the first year
- Works at the required level of the professional capabilities’ framework
Adult Disability Team - Hemel Hempstead
- Social Workers & Senior Social Workers vacancies - Dacorum , St Albans and Watford & Three Rivers ( Based in Apsley) Hemel Hempstead
The Adult Disability Service provides support to adults living with a learning or physical disability and our aim is to ensure we enable people to make positive decisions in their lives, promoting their independence and that they can take part in their local community. We are a service motivated by and dedicated to social care intervention and community social work.
Our core aim is to support people to be influential and active members of their community and promote true citizenship through our bespoke Connected Lives model of social care. We need social workers and Senior Social workers that can engage with people, promoting and enabling inclusive community options as well as self-directed purchased services. The teams are community based and applicants will need to have a full UK driving license. We also offer hybrid working, which enables you to work from home/office (Minimum 2 days a week)
- Social Worker - Review Team West
This is a fast paced environment and the team’s focus is to review care packages, develop innovative support plans, build networks and raise awareness in the area developing valuable links for the team.
Adult Disability Team East - Stevenage
The Adult Disability Service provide support to adults with a learning or physical disability and we promote personalisation through our new assessment process, focusing on the wellbeing of the individual. Through care planning we strive for increased independence, choice and control by offering personal budgets to enable people to direct their own support. We are looking for Social Workers to work in line with Connected Lives principles in this person focussed area.
- Social Worker - Stevenage/Welwyn & Hatfield Locality Teams:
Our locality teams comprise of Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Community Care Officers and Nurses. These teams focus on complex cases and includes general assessments and care planning.
- Social Worker - Review Team
This is a fast paced environment and you will review care packages, develop innovative support plans, build networks and raise awareness in the area developing valuable links for the team.
- Senior Social Worker - Welwyn & Hatfield / North Herts team / 12 month Fixed term contract or secondment in Stevenage team
We are looking for a practitioner with post qualifying experience of working with vulnerable adults within health and social care settings and have had some involvement in multi-agency work. You will be motivated by and dedicated to continuously improving health and social care practice.
You will provide professional leadership in complex or ambiguous situations and use analytical skills to inform assessment, decision making and intervention. You will act as a support and assessor for newly qualified Social Workers as part of their ASYE programme.
You will support with completing care needs assessment, developing innovative support plans, building networks and raising awareness in the area and developing valuable links for the team. You will work alongside Community Care Officers, Community Learning Disability Nurses and Occupational Therapists to achieve the best outcomes for the individuals you work with.
These are ongoing vacancies and applications will be considered as and when received.
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Lois.Rose@hertfordshire.gov.uk
Benefits of working for us:
• Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
• Excellent Career Development
• Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
• Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
• Shopping Discounts
• Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes