- Employer: London Borough of Newham
- Reference: 2563
- Published: Tue 18/04/2023, 16:40 PM
- Closing on: Mon 29/05/2023, 16:40 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: FULLTIME
- Salary: £30,000 - £39,999
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Greater London
More InformationMore about this employer
Building Control Technical Support Officer
Building Control Technical Support Officer
£33,351 - £38,607 per annum
Newham Council offers a unique working environment within a London borough that is home to some of the largest and most exciting regeneration projects in Europe. This includes the Olympic Legacy and the Royal Docks, building thousands of new homes and creating thousands of new jobs, leading to a major uplift of the borough as a whole.
With c.2000 new homes targeted to be delivered and major regeneration projects across the borough, including Stratford City, Plaistow, the Olympic Legacy, Canning Town redevelopment. Newham is leading in the delivery of creating distinctive and high quality places and is an exciting place to live, work and stay.
Newham values talent and these are some of the benefits you can expect when you join our team:
- An interest free season ticket/travel card loan scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme which can be used to pay for registered childcare for children up to 16 years old
- The Local Government Pension Scheme which offers ill health retirement provisions
- Discounted gym membership at all active Newham leisure centres in Newham
- Free hearing, eye tests and health checks
- 24 days’ annual leave entitlement, plus two extra days after five years of service
- Flexible working - flexi-time
- Access to free and discounted tickets to events at London Stadium
About the Job
We are based at Newham Dockside, which is a state of the art building overlooking London City Airport, just one-minute walk from Royal Albert DLR Station. The building includes amenities including a restaurant and coffee shop, dry cleaners and onsite cash machine. In addition, there is a free bus that takes staff from Newham Dockside to Gallions Reach Shopping Centre throughout lunchtime
London Borough of Newham is a unique in that it has some of the largest housing developments and exciting regeneration projects in Europe. With an abundance of land for development, world-class transport and digital infrastructure, and a young, energetic and increasingly skilled workforce, the borough is ideally placed to accommodate much of London’s growth in the 21^st century. As development and investment in the UK’s capital moves steadily eastwards, Newham is set to become a new heart for London.
With the growth in complex developments particularly high rise developments. An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly-motivated individual with preferably substantial Building Regulations experience, to join our dynamic, highly performing Building Control Team. The post is career progressive and we will ensure that you gain valuable building control experience across the entire spectrum of small, medium and large complex construction project. The successful candidate will be working closely with the Officers and Principal to deliver a high quality service to clients and ensure that Councils statutory function is effectively discharged. In addition, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in building control on sites within Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
You will enjoy stimulating and varied work in this role – no two days are the same. You will have the chance to work in a supportive working environment with opportunities for personal development and professional growth.
If you want to help shape this part of London – and leave a lasting legacy for all its communities – come and join the team
The successful candidate will:
- be a team player, self-motivated, enthusiastic and have the ability to manage a complex and varied caseload;
- have construction industry experience and knowledge of building control relating to a wide breadth of buildings, including high rise;
- hold a current driving licence and have use of their own car; and
- contribute to the delivery of an efficient and effective building control service for the borough, including processing applications, validating and matters allocated by the Building Control Manager, enabling the delivery of quality developments in line with legislation, industry performance guidelines and internal targets.
Please view Building Control Technical Support Officer Job Description
Closing date: 29th May 2023
We are committed to creating an inclusive, anti-racist environment for all. When you apply for a job at Newham, your application is considered on its merits regardless of your age, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender identity or sexual orientation. If you share our vision and values, and you bring the experience and skills we need, that’s all that matters to us.
The London Borough of Newham has important responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. If you are appointed to a job that involves working with these groups, you may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.
We practice anonymised recruitment. Please ensure that you remove all personal information from any documents that you upload.
The personal information we have collected from you will be shared with Cifas who will use it to prevent fraud, other unlawful or dishonest conduct, malpractice, and other seriously improper conduct. If any of these are detected you could be refused certain services or employment. Your personal information will also be used to verify your identity. Further details of how your information will be used by us and Cifas, and your data protection rights, can be found by https://www.cifas.org.uk/fpn.