- Employer: Hertfordshire County Council
- Reference: ACS/23/237221
- Published: Fri 21/04/2023, 12:39 PM
- Closing on: Wed 31/05/2023, 23:58 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £20,000 - £24,999
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Hemel Hempstead , Hertfordshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Admin Support Officer
Job Title: Admin Support Officer
Location: Apsley 1, Brindley Way, Hemel Hempstead
Starting Salary: £21,575 progress to a maximum of £24,054 pa
Hours: 37 per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Administrative Support Officer to work as an integral part of the Herts Valley Integrated Hospital Discharge Service, Community Hospital Team, providing Administrative support to the team of professionals, serving Hertfordshire Citizen’s.
We want to hear from you if you enjoy a challenge, this is a dynamic, fast paced environment in which the right candidate can thrive.
The purpose of this role is to provide dedicated Administrative Support to the Herts Valley Integrated Discharge Service, Community Hospitals Team and to work as part of the wider Service Administrative support team as needed.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Receiving assessment and discharge notifications from our Health partners, ensuring that they are inputted on to our system and alerted to the Team and Deputy Team managers to enable them to be allocated to the Social Care workforce.
- Inputting data into spreadsheets
- Sending out correspondence and receiving responses and ensuring that they are recorded, including but not limited to financial information packs and assessments
- Alerting the Team Manager and Deputy Team Manager, when financial referral forms have come in and once signed, by the Manager or Deputy, uploading the signed document to our Social Care database.
- Supporting Managers at interviews, by welcoming candidates, photocopying qualifications, and escorting them in/out of the office
- Spending time with new employees to provide them with an overview of an Administrative Support Officer’s role and how to link with them if needed
- Raising requests for equipment, Identification badges for new staff and returning equipment and ID badges for staff leaving HCC employment.
- Receiving telephone calls and messages for staff and alerting them to the messages
- Supporting with any other Administrative Support Functions as needed by the Herts Valley Integrated Discharge Service and the Community Hospital Team.
The successful candidate needs to:
- Be proficient in IT, particularly Office 365. Training will be provided regarding the Hertfordshire County Council’s Adult Social Care database.
- Have excellent communication skills (Written and verbal)
- Be resilient
- Be organised
- Have English GCSE Level 9 to 4
- Make and receive phone calls, record messages, and alert the relevant professional
- Be able to take minutes,
- Create and maintain Excel Spreadsheets, databases, and support with project management
- Have experience of working in a similar role and environment.
- Set up meetings and bookings
This role is an integral part of the service. We need someone who can adapt, be effective and efficient in their role, enabling them to help improve service delivery for the citizens of Hertfordshire
If you enjoy a challenge, this is the role for you. This is a fast-paced pressurised environment. The successful candidate needs to be organised, flexible, resilient, and able to work using their own initiative as well as part of a wider team. Referrals must be dealt with in a timely way, and it’s an opportunity to be part of a wider team serving Hertfordshire Citizens.
Closing Date: 31st May2023
Interview Date: 12th June 2023
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Florence Makumire or Sara Hodgson or Kimberly O’Leary
Benefits of working for us:
• Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
• Excellent Career Development
• Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
• Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
• Shopping Discounts
• Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post (for those whose language is a signed language the provision of a sign language interpreter who speaks English to the necessary standard of fluency will be required). Further information about the legal requirement can be found here.
Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information Click Here
How to Apply
As part of the application, you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and asked to answer the 4 key questions which are located at the end of the advert and a template can be found in the 'Available Documents'.
1 .What skills, knowledge and experience will you bring to this post?
2. What are the most important skills for a Administrative Support Officer to have?
3. What experience do you have of working with confidential information?
4. Provide an example of a time you solved a problem for your employer?
If you do not provide answers to the questions and upload to your application, your application will be rejected.