- Employer: Elizabeth Fry Approved Premises
- Reference: EFAP/23/238025
- Published: Thu 27/04/2023, 13:36 PM
- Closing on: Fri 28/07/2023, 13:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Evenings, Flexible Hours, Nights, Weekends
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: Hourly Rate: £15.04 - £18.31
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Elizabeth Fry Approved Premises, Berkshire
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills will make a difference in supporting female service users within the Criminal Justice System?
About The Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and motivated person to join the dedicated team at Elizabeth Fry Charity.
In the role of Relief Staff you will provide support to cover shifts at the Approved Premises, assisting residents during their day-to-day life. You will be working with the rest of the staff team to effectively manage the risk posed by residents, as well as supporting them to address any difficult areas within their life. This is an incredibly varied role, with no two days being the same.
The role of Relief Staff provides great flexibility, with being able to work shifts around any other commitments you may have. You do not need to commit to a certain number of shifts a month. Shifts typically run 8:30am – 9pm and 8:30pm – 9am (waking night), but these can be varied dependent on availability.
Day shifts are currently paid at £15.04 an hour and night shifts at £18.31 an hour, inclusive of a holiday allowance. Enhancements are paid for working bank holidays.
What We Are Looking For
At Elizabeth Fry Charity we are a small team, dedicated to supporting our residents to succeed. We are looking for self-motivated, committed individuals who have a genuine desire to support women to rebuild their lives. In addition you will need:
- The ability to manage complex behaviours and to deal with people who may be in a difficult personal or emotional situation.
- Strong communication, influencing and reasoning skills and the ability to build effective working relationships.
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of the issues surrounding women and their pathways to offending, as well as a willingness to learn.
- Good record keeping, mainly through the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please take a look at the full job description attached to gain a further understanding of the role.
What We Offer
- A commitment to developing the knowledge and skill set within the team, through access to a wealth of training relating to both the role and working with complex clients.
- Flexibility to select shifts around your other commitments.
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme.
What We Do
The Elizabeth Fry Charity runs a 24 bed Approved Premises for females. Residents at the Approved Premises have access to a range of purposeful activities aimed to support them to address issues that led to their offending and to develop the skills for them to lead an offending-free life in future.
We provide an environment where residents’ behaviour and any additional restrictions included as part of their licence or bail conditions can be monitored. This is achieved through 24-hour staffing, CCTV monitoring, room searches, random drug and alcohol testing, curfews and monitoring of additional licence conditions.
We work closely with partner agencies to effectively manage risk and support those on their journey of resettlement.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing how your skills and interest make you a suitable candidate to join our staff team and support our residents.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful candidates will be subject to a check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and Security Vetting.
Interviews will be arranged as soon as suitable applications are received.
How to Apply
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.