- Employer: London Borough of Newham
- Reference: 2550
- Published: Thu 27/04/2023, 16:40 PM
- Closing on: Tue 30/05/2023, 16:40 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours
- Hours: FULLTIME
- Salary: £20,000 - £24,999
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Greater London
More InformationMore about this employer
Sessional Youth Worker
Sessional Youth Worker
£13.46 per hour
JNC 6 – 9
London Borough of Newham - Youth Empowerment Service
The London Borough of Newham has expanded its youth service. Our Commitment to young people is that they have access to the best youth service possible. The sessional youth worker posts play a pivotal role in helping us achieve our goal. Post holders will be responsible for delivering Newham’s exemplary universal and targeted youth services.
Our vision is that young people
- Are Valued
- Have Influence
- Realise their Potential
- Feel Safe
The Youth Empowerment Service has programmes in every community neighbourhood which are delivered through a range of building based, detached and outreach provision.
We deliver open access universal and targeted sessions for groups of young people aged 9-25yrs, and deliver a co-produced curriculum of activities designed to support social and emotional learning.
About the role:
Working to a remit set by a Senior Youth Worker, post holders will be responsible for delivering exemplary youth services, providing young people with practical support, mentoring, learning, information and guidance that equips them with the skills and capabilities they will require as they transition into adulthood.
You will be passionate about supporting young people to achieve their full potential through quality youth work, have extensive experience of working with children and young people and be able to evidence how you have worked to improve successful outcomes with them.
You will enjoy and understand the importance of working collaboratively, within a Youth Zone team, across the Youth Empowerment Service, with other Council services as well as with external organisations.
You will have an understanding of the contemporary challenges young people face and be able to develop high impact services which will promote opportunities for young people to develop social and emotional learning.
Specifically the post holder will be responsible for:
- To make available to all children, young people and families in Newham a first class Youth Empowerment Service that aims to fulfil young people’s potential.
- Supporting the Senior Youth Worker in the development, delivery and review of planning, performance, of Youth Empowerment Service projects.
- To support the development and delivery of effective programmes of youth work intervention, within a range of contexts, as directed, subject to the skills and experience of the sessional youth worker, especially in relation to:
- The delivery, in partnership with young people, of performing arts positive activity projects as a part of an ongoing youth work programme, for example drama, music and dance.
- The delivery, in partnership with young people, of an outdoor education programme that engages and supports young people to achieve within the service’s Duke of Edinburgh programme.
- The delivery, in partnership with young people, of ICT and media programmes within an ongoing youth work programme.
- The delivery, in partnership with young people, of cookery and/or arts and crafts positive activities within an ongoing youth work programme.
- The delivery of appropriate information, advice, guidance and support within an ongoing youth work programme.
- Proactive street-based work that signposts young people to positive activities and/or facilitates referrals to appropriate agencies that will address the specific needs presented by the individual young person and develop appropriate intervention responses.
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.
closing date 28.5.23
Please view Sessional Youth Worker jd
The London Borough of Newham is located only 5 miles east of London. It is well positioned with access to all major networks in London and the south east. It is well connected by public transport with, bus, tube and DLR. When the Crossrail service opens it will call at Custom House close to our council offices and also Stratford station and from there to central London. The London City Airport which serves major European cities is located at Royal Albert Dock. Newham has the youngest overall population in the country. It was one of the six host boroughs for the 2012 Summer Olympics and contains most of the Olympic Park including the London Stadium. It has a thriving arts quarter with the both the Theatre Royal Stratford East and Stratford Circus Arts Centre offering excellent entertainment for all the family. There is the University of East London which has two campuses in Newham, one in Stratford and another next to the regenerated Royal Albert Dock. It also has a large We
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.