- Employer: London Borough of Hounslow
- Reference: LBH/23/238249
- Published: Fri 28/04/2023, 10:54 AM
- Closing on: Mon 29/05/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: 27,357 – 31,731 per annum
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Hounslow, Hounslow
Electoral Services Officer
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
Hounslow Council is an outstanding council serving an outstanding borough. With brilliant, visionary leadership, a dynamic Cabinet and a can-do culture, we’ve built strong partnerships across the borough which have transformed how we serve one of London’s most diverse boroughs. Hounslow is the world in one place, full of potential, but a borough hit hard -socially and economically -by Covid-19. We have stepped up for our residents and businesses like never before.
About The Role:
We are looking for a team player to join a busy, high performing elections team who has excellent communication and organisational skills, able to work methodically with a high level of accuracy and a keen eye for detail.
This role places you at the very heart of elections, ensuring all processes run smoothly. Working as part of a small team dedicated to high-quality service, you will help compile and maintain our statutory electoral registers, oversee the annual electoral registration canvass and administer elections and referendums.
This will include publicising elections and registration, as well as training the contact centre staff, elections staff and registration canvassers.
1. The successful candidate will play a large part in the preparation for and conduct of all elections and referendums.
2. You will play a key role in maintaining the accuracy and comprehensiveness of the electoral register.
3. In addition, you will assist in developing promotional strategies and public engagement events in order to encourage registration and participation.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
1. The ability to work to tight deadlines.
2. The ability to effectively forward plan and take responsibility for your work.
3. Excellent ICT skills and the ability to adapt to new systems and technology.
4. Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience with Electoral Services is desirable but not essential.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Essential for the Role:
We value diversity in its broadest sense. We're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves, give of their best and reach their full potential. We believe that a diverse workforce helps us to better understand our communities and deliver the best services for our residents. We want to receive applications from all regardless of age, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status or social economic background. We want to harness the mix and ensure that everybody can apply and be part of our recruitment processes. We will therefore make reasonable adjustments to accommodate our candidates.
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the link below or visit our careers page and enter the job reference number: R0005838
For more information contact Kully.Tumber@hounslow.gov.uk
Interviews will be held 14th and 15th June 2023.