- Employer: Resources
- Reference: RES/23/238389
- Published: Fri 28/04/2023, 15:23 PM
- Closing on: Tue 30/05/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £45,000 - £74,999
- DBS Check: No
- Location: County Hall, Hertford, Hertfordshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Senior Planning Officer
Job Title: Senior Planning Officer
Location: County Hall, Hertford with hybrid working
Salary Range £48,923 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £54,145 per annum + 2K Welcome Payment
Hours: 37 per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Hertfordshire County Council are looking for an experienced planning professional to join our multi-disciplinary property team.
An opportunity exists within the Property Planning Team for a Senior Planning Officer. You should have a minimum of 5 years’ town planning experience, including development management, and preferably RTPI membership.
Working for the Property Planning Team would give you an alternative perspective on town planning, as well as useful career experience. Our work is diverse, as we are involved in developing proposals for residential schemes ahead of site disposal; submitting planning applications to expand, improve or provide new County Council services, such as schools, fire stations, adult care facilities and libraries; making representations to Local Plans to further the development interests of the County Council and taking forward strategic development sites with partners.
You will be working with service departments, property colleagues and external consultants to achieve planning consent for County Council services and residential schemes on sites that will be disposed of. This will involve advising colleagues, submitting proposals for pre-app advice, submitting planning applications, advising on Section 106 agreements and dealing with post application matters including conditions.
It is a varied and interesting place to work, in a role similar to that of a planning consultant.
The Property team office has a Smart Working ethos, where hot desking and working from home or other off-site locations is actively encouraged. To facilitate this a laptop and mobile phone will be provided.
- You should hold a professional qualification or equivalent degree in a built environment subject such as Town Planning, or in exceptional circumstances be able to show equivalent relevant knowledge gained by work experience within a Town Planning role
- A minimum of 5 years Town Planning Experience is required including experience of Development Management
- Ability to represent the team and provide expert advice on Town Planning matters in internal and external meetings
- Ability to write reports and other documents that are clear, concise and informative to provide Town Planning advice
- A collaborative approach to working with colleagues, other teams and wider organisations is needed
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate through various means with a broad range of people to include colleagues, consultants and Members of the Council as well as the public
- Experience of using relevant IT systems such as MS Office
This role will offer you the opportunity to work on a number of diverse projects across the Council’s services. You will be responsible for providing the town planning input as part of a project team and overseeing the submission of planning applications for the County Council’s assets. The role provides an alternative perspective on town planning within the public sector as you will be representing the County Council as an applicant and developer.
Closing Date: Tuesday 30th May 2023
Interview Date: Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd June 2023
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Andrea Gilmour on 01992 556447 or Nicola Mckay on 01992 556704
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.