- Employer: Surrey County Council
- Reference: orbis/TP/229312/32212
- Published: Fri 28/04/2023, 4:01 AM
- Closing on: Sun 28/05/2023, 4:01 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: £37570 - £45519 per annum
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Ashford, Chertsey & Woking
More InformationMore about this employer
Adults Social Work Opportunities - North West and Surrey Heath
Social Worker - £37,570 - £40,146 per annum based on a 36 hour working week
Senior Social Worker - £42,591 - £45,519 per annum based on a 36 hour working week
At Surrey, we are proud to be leading the way in implementing new ways of working in personalisation and a recovery-focused strength-based approach.
Our goal is for our service-users to be able to be more in control of their care, making informed choices and being active citizens in their community.
What we can offer you;
- Annual leave - with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Hybrid Working - your work/life balance is important to us
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- A generous relocation bonus
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information
In your application, we would love to hear about your;
- Professional qualification in Social Work and current registration with Social Work England
- Successful completion of an Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) programme if qualified as a social worker after June 2012
- Experience in mental health service, including assessment and risk management skills
- Working knowledge of Care Act legislation including experience in preparation of support plans, monitoring and reviewing outcomes
Our roles across North West & Surrey Heath are based in both hospital and community setting giving you the opportunity to choose which setting is your preferred and most in line with your profile and experience. Our offer includes different contract types and working patterns/hours. Our teams are as follows;
- Our Ashford & St Peter's Hospital team (based in Chertsey)
- Our Frimley Park Hospital team (based in Frimley)
- Please note we also have vacancies on offer within our locality teams based in Ashford, Addlestone, Camberley and Woking.
For Social Worker roles you will need to have completed your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) and be registered with Social Work England. We recognise there will be exceptions to this so please speak to us if you are in any doubt.
For Senior Social Worker roles, substantial post qualification professional experience as a Social Worker would also be required. Experience of providing professional supervision (can include to unqualified and/or non-professional supervision) would be desirable but not essential.
Surrey County Council are currently investing in and building a workforce that can proactively meet the demands and challenges facing Adult Social Care (ASC). Key areas identified are:
- Investing in individual growth and career progression
- Growing workforce supply to meet demand
- Modernising the way we organise and deliver our services
- Ensuring our workplaces and practices are supportive and inclusive
- Continuing to work closely with our partners
Whether you enjoy duty, long term assessment, varied caseload, or D2A work, etc. - we want to hear from you.
Please note this advert covers the whole North West & Surrey Heath area so at the time of advertising we cannot guarantee a vacancy in all teams.
The closing date for this role is 30/06/2023, although applications will be reviewed, and appointments made, on an on-going basis.
You can submit your CV & Personal Statement by clicking the 'apply' button below.
Please review the documents attached below to understand the experience, knowledge and skills required for these roles.
We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for these roles.
Not local to Surrey? We can offer you relocation assistance and more details are included in the attachment below.
From flexible working to job sharing we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.