- Employer: Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
- Reference: RBWM1/23/238959
- Published: Wed 03/05/2023, 17:13 PM
- Closing on: Sun 28/05/2023, 23:58 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: Grade 8 - £41,809-£45,665 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Job description
The Infrastructure, Sustainability & Economic Growth service has an exciting vacancy working within Sustainability & Climate Change team. Joining a growing team in a priority area of our new corporate plan, we are seeking proactive and ambitious applicants with a ‘can do’ attitude who will thrive in this varied and challenging environment.
This is an exciting time to be joining the Royal Borough with ambitious plans for creating a borough of opportunity and innovation, part of a service delivering sustainable economic growth through a its economic recovery plans alongside meeting our target of being a net zero borough by 2050.
The role will work closely with colleagues and partners to develop plans to manage flood risk, ensuring the future needs for climate adaptation are built into our plans and that an ambitious capital programme is delivered.
The main purpose of this post is to fulfil the Council’s duty as statutory consultee for major planning applications as a Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA). This would involve:
- Support the LLFA to ensure the delivery of high-quality SuDS schemes that meet the requirements of the National Planning Policy Framework through providing specialist advice, working closely with, and supporting developers, consultants, engineers and the Planning Team
- Help shape policy with the Planning Team to build additional flood resilience into the planning process.
- Provide a pre-application advice service for developers to influence the development of effective drainage strategies within new developments
- Determine applications for works to watercourses under the Land Drainage Act 1991
- Provide technical support as required for the Council's capital work programme
We offer flexible working and a range of other benefits, and with Royal Ascot, Legoland, Windsor Castle and a host of other local attractions we can provide a vibrant and diverse working environment and a place to grow and develop your career. There are excellent transport connections to London and the West of England with the new Elizabeth Line in Maidenhead.
If you would like to join a forward-thinking Local Authority and think that you have the right blend of ability, skills and experience for this post then we would like to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about the role please call Ben Crampin – Flood Risk Manager on 01628 796250 or email email@example.com