- Employer: Harrow Council
- Reference: HC/23/238958
- Published: Wed 03/05/2023, 17:13 PM
- Closing on: Tue 30/05/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: (Salary MG2 £59,643 to £66,150)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Harrow, Harrow
Senior Lawyer / Assistant Team Leader - Contracts, Procurement and Information
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Lawyer/Assistant Team Leader who is committed to doing their best to support their clients, develop others and to support our established Contracts, Procurement and Information Law team.
HB Public Law (HBPL) is an innovative and ambitious shared legal service committed to excellence in the public sector and we seek a qualified lawyer who embodies this approach. The post holder will be required to support the development of HBPL jointly with the other Assistant Team Leaders and Team Leaders. The post holder will have knowledge and experience of public procurement and commercial contracts and will be able to support the Team Leader in the management of the Team and the wider Practice.
The closing date for submitting your covering letter, confirming how you meet the role profile criteria and your c.v. is Tuesday 30 May 2023 via the: Harrow Council website.
If you would like a confidential conversation about the opportunity prior to applying, please discuss with Patricia Davila on 07927 548515 (Monday to Wednesday) or Stephen Dorrian 07927 548138.
The successful candidate will have previous contract and procurement law experience and will be passionate about teamwork and developing others. The role involves effectively managing the client relationship, so good client care skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with others is essential.
The successful applicant will:
- Have detailed understanding and awareness of the necessity of governance arrangements to support effective decision making, as well as concepts underpinning local government law and public law principles as applicable to local government.
- Be able to manage and support lawyers in the Team
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst handling a complex and diverse workload, including high profile cases and advising elected members.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent client care skills, including providing written and oral advice to a high standard and managing multiple client relationships