- Employer: Dartford Borough Council
- Reference: DBC/PL23
- Published: Thu 04/05/2023, 11:06 AM
- Closing on: Mon 05/06/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Flexi-time and Hybrid Working Available
- Salary: £41,268 rising to £43,656 after 12 month’s satisfactory service
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Kent
More InformationMore about this employer
Dartford is a Borough of Kent, adjoining London. The Borough’s connections are more than just the Dartford crossing.
- Dartford rail station, adjacent the Council offices, is the busiest in the County; part of the TfL Oystercard area, it links to a wide range of stations in London and in Kent via Thameslink and other services
- Ebbsfleet International Rail Station (17mins to London) in the east of the Borough
- Good bus services, including TfL buses in the Borough and the Fastrack rapid transit system.
Our focus is very much therefore on sustainable development minimising car use, and complementary new infrastructure.
Dartford is one of the very fastest growing districts in the country, from planned new and extended communities on brownfield land. As a place of choice for international, national and local businesses as well as Bluewater shopping centre and the Ebbsfleet Development Corporation; the Borough is a varied and exciting place for a career in planning. We also have a varied and significant area of Green Belt, and complementing the growth in the urban area of the Borough, we are keen to protect the areas of value in the rural area.
We are now planning to 2037 and our focus is on Dartford Town Centre and securing large mixed use residential-led redevelopment in and around the town as well as public realm and transport-related improvements. We have maintained a 5 year housing land supply, and the NPPF compliant Local Plan is being updated with new policies now at examination.
We have a wide range of applications to deal with due to the pressures for development in the Borough and to complement the existing skills in the Development Management team we are looking for a Planner with experience of a variety of minor planning applications and appeals. As well as a sound understanding of planning legislation, we are looking for a planner who has a proactive and collaborative approach to dealing with new development to achieve optimum results. You will also have well-developed negotiating skills and the ability to develop good relationships with the people that you deal with.
You would be joining a friendly team of planners who strive to work well together and support each other to achieve the best outcome for the Borough. In return we can offer flexibility in working patterns to suit your needs and a supportive and friendly working environment.
If you would like to speak to someone about this post please contact: Emma Eisinger, Development Manager, tel. no: 01322 343600.