- Employer: Bracknell Forest Council
- Reference: PPR/23/239019
- Published: Thu 04/05/2023, 11:11 AM
- Closing on: Mon 29/05/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Weekends
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: FTE £21,189 - £21,968 (pro rata £11,453 - £11,874) LWA £663 (pro rata £358)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Look Out Discovery Centre, Berkshire
Catering Assistant (part-time 20 hrs p/w)
Help us deliver a great experience to our customers. And you will experience a great place to work.
The Look Out Discovery Centre is a very popular visitor attraction with a hands-on science and discovery exhibition, gift shop, coffee shop and play area, set in 1,000 hectares of Crown Estate woodlands. The Look Out Discovery Centre opens 7 days a week. Our aim is to make sure that our visitors have a safe, relaxing and enjoyable experience, and the successful applicant will play a key role in achieving this.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it's like working in our team...
We care about our visitors and want to supply all site visitors with great customer service
Our Cafe team play a key role in helping ensure our customers enjoy their day out to The Look Out Discovery Centre. We enjoy interacting with our varied customer base making their visit fun and enjoyable as well as clean and safe.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To assist with the preparation and service of food and drinks including the operation of the point-of-sale system
- To provide a service to the customers, in a polite and efficient manner
- To work safely within Health, Safety and Hygiene policies and instructions
- To assist with special catering functions e.g. children’s parties, as and when required
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses
- An inclusive and social working environment
- Internal sports and social club opportunities
- The opportunity to engage with a variety of customers and deliver great customer care
- To work on the doorstep of the picturesque Swinley Forest
What we're looking for...
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable person, with the ability and willingness flexibility to work hours to ensure the consistent provision of services in our cafe. This person would have a strong focus on customer service and the ability to deal with customers of all ages and backgrounds and to ensure that their visit is the best possible with the resources available.
Interviews will be held from 31st May 2023 onwards
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Dean Potts, Duty Manager
Tel.: 01344 354405
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
We can only accept applications from candidates currently residing in the UK.
Any candidates that are currently residing in the UK and wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.