- Employer: Place
- Reference: RDCS0231
- Published: Thu 04/05/2023, 19:33 PM
- Closing on: Fri 02/06/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time
- Hours: 22.2 hours per week
- Salary: £24,496 to £33,820 per annum pro rata
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset
More InformationMore about this employer
Development Contributions Support Officer (Career Grade)
About the role
We have a permanent position for an enthusiastic team player to help us ensure that the essential local infrastructure such as roads, schools, open spaces and community facilities is provided when and where it is needed.
This post will be primarily involved in supporting the administration and collection of community infrastructure levy (CIL) through the use of specialist software and liaison with developers, planning applicants and council teams across a range of disciplines. The successful candidate will report to a senior colleague but will be expected to work independently and accurately with good numeracy and communication skills. An ability to understand of building plans will be important.
This is a career graded post rising from £24,496 to £33,820 per annum, pro rata depending on skills and experience. We offer a wide range of benefits including flexible working hours, working from home, and a friendly and supportive team all in a beautiful part of the country.
Our council vision is ‘an open, fairer, greener North Somerset’ and we have three key priorities:
- A thriving and sustainable place
- A council which empowers and cares about people
- An open and enabling organisation.
Our organisational values are important. They help guide us in how we work and provide services for our residents. Our people produced our values in collaboration with elected members. They provide a strong ethos and help us to deliver our ambitious agenda, working in partnership across the council and beyond:
- We act with integrity
- We respect each other
- We innovate
- We care
- We collaborate.
- A competitive salary,
- Family leave options,
- A pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection,
- Opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential,
- Generous leave entitlement (25 days, rising to 30days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days,
- Discounts on shopping, days out, travel and gym memberships,
- Agile and flexible working arrangements to help you enjoy a healthy work-life balance,
- 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Michael Reep, Planning Policy Manager on 01934 426775.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/jobs-training/council-jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: To be confirmed.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
North Somerset Council – Open, Fairer, Greener.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.