- Employer: Resources
- Reference: RES/23/239321
- Published: Fri 05/05/2023, 12:50 PM
- Closing on: Mon 29/05/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £55,916 p/a + £3,033 Market Enhancement with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £62,589 p/a + £3,034 Market Enhancement
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: County Hall, Hertford, Hertfordshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Job Title: Advocate
Location: County Hall, Hertford with hybrid working
Salary Range: £55,916 p/a + £3,033 Market Enhancement with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £62,589 p/a + £3,034 Market Enhancement
Hours: 37 per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
This is an exciting opportunity to join a large, well resourced and highly regarded Legal Services team, providing high quality legal services to County Council departments and external local authority partner clients across a broad range of litigation matters.
An experienced and enthusiastic advocate to represent the Local Authority principally in First Tier Tribunal hearings concerning Special Educational Needs at all levels of complexity and with responsibility for managing a personal case load.
You will also be expected to:
- To ensure that the client departments decisions are made within legal boundaries and achieve their aims and objectives and accord with Local Authority policy, including representing the Council at inquiries, hearings, tribunals, courts, panels and other bodies
- To draft all documents related to the effective conduct of the hearings including preliminary documents.
- To identify the key issues in the case and formulate cogent and compelling arguments
- To undertake high level advocacy on Adult Care matters on behalf of the County Council as required by the Principal Lawyer (Adult, Children and Health) The Adult Children and Health Team provides legal advice and assistance to Children’s Services, Adult Care Services and Public Health. You will be client facing and as well as working directly with clients, you will also have regular contact with the First Tier Tribunal and solicitors/counsel instructed by parents
Hertfordshire County Council offers an ideal opportunity for highly motivated, enthusiastic and organised Lawyers to join a large and thriving public sector legal team.
No two days will be the same due to the variety of matters dealt with by the team
We offer a competitive benefits package, a flexible approach to working, opportunities for personal and professional development and have a strong focus on work life balance.
For this role you will need to have a recognised legal qualification as a Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive with significant post qualification experience, as well as experience of people and business management. While a background of dealing with SEN litigation before the First Tier Tribunal is preferred, we are keen to hear from applicants with a background in any of the litigation areas dealt with by the team. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate how they would manage a busy caseload and a willingness to pick up new areas of work.
This role offers an opportunity to work in a dynamic, supportive and innovative legal team, to shape service delivery, with exposure to a varied range of interesting work.
Closing Date: Monday 29th May 2023
Interview Date: TBC
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Luis Andrade - Principal Lawyer on 01992 555504 or Luis.Andrade@hertfordshire.gov.uk