- Employer: Guildford Borough Council
- Reference: 2/23/239559
- Published: Tue 09/05/2023, 11:33 AM
- Closing on: Wed 31/05/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £27,242-£30,176
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Millmead House Offices, Millmead, Guildford GU2 4BB, Surrey
More InformationMore about this employer
Specialist Finance (Procurement Support)
Guildford Brough Council are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Procurement Support Assistant to support the Procurement Specialist team joining an exciting, dynamic team responsible for delivering the Procurement and savings strategy for GBC
Some of the activities with be to lead on below PCR threshold procurement activity, manage the procurement pipeline, Contracts Register, analyse procurement spend and highlight potential savings opportunities to the Team. To support the delivery of the Council’s Procurement Savings Strategy.
- Provide effective procurement support for the Team and assist in delivering procurement in line with the Corporate Procurement Strategy.
- Working alongside the Senior Specialist Procurement to develop category plans through the detailed analysis of spend to include: supplier volumes, transaction costs, overall spend and proposed sourcing strategy.
- Lead on below threshold procurement activity and assist Specialists with above threshold procurement where appropriate.
- Provide support to ensure procurement complies with the Council’s Procurement Procedure Rules and the Public Contract Regulations (PCR).
- Develop templates and evaluation models appropriate to each procurement exercise.
- Support the Corporate Procurement Board (CPB), arranging meetings, papers and taking minutes
- Ensure appropriate outcome letters are drafted, legally compliant and sent in a timely manner.
- Provide advice and guidance as required on use of corporate contracts, Council’s procurement code and general approach to procurement.
- Manage and develop electronic procurement and new supplier requests.
- Work with Economic Development to engage local small and medium sized enterprises to explain how to do business with the Council.
- Work with the Web Services Team to provide web pages to support all procurement and contract activity of the Council including keeping internal KBA’s updated.
- Any other duties required by the Senior Specialist Procurement.
Guildford is a regional centre for leisure, business, education, shopping and culture set in beautiful countryside that includes the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Guildford is a thriving market town and is a principal shopping destination with a vibrant night time economy. The town’s geographical location provides excellent transport links in all directions, London is just 30 minutes away on the train and the town is well-served by frequent bus routes and subsidised Park and Ride facilities. All of this contributes to a quality of life that attracts many people to live, work in and visit Guildford.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and post-holders to share this commitment. To fulfil this commitment we have robust systems in place for the safe recruitment of staff and volunteers.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.