- Employer: Southwark Council
- Reference: SW/23/239561
- Published: Tue 09/05/2023, 11:58 AM
- Closing on: Sun 04/06/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time
- Hours: 12 hours per week
- Salary: £30,348 - £34,071
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Southwark, London , Southwark
More InformationMore about this employer
Senior Youth Worker
Southwark is a large, ambitious and progressive council with a ‘can do’ attitude and enviable reputation. As a Council, we are successful, passionate and forward-thinking. We are committed to our ‘Fairer Futures for All’ promise which ensures that our residents and businesses are central to everything we do. If you want to make a difference at a local level, apply to Southwark Council today.
This is an existing role, at an exciting time for the service. After delivering significant improvement following a major review of youth services in 2020, we are now moving into the next phase of development, starting by bring together the youth and play services.
This role is pivotal in delivery of high quality youth work provision. To deliver universal and targeted activities for children and young people to enable the service to achieve the aims and goals of relevant corporate plans and strategies in relation to children and young people. To maintain and deploy a diverse range of resources to support the delivery of said activities and targets of the service.
By taking part in the operational delivery of youth and play services, the role will be instrumental in ensuring that we deliver consistently excellent services and positive outcomes for young people.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and committed to providing high quality youth and play services. You will be able to manage a small team, be a collaborative team player and keen to play your part to shaping the future direction of the youth and play service.
The post holder will have first-hand experience of youth and play services, front line delivery and can successfully manage a youth team and centre. They will be an active champion for young people, supporting, advocating for and ensuring that they are heard and understood as provision for them in the borough is developed.
Their passion and enthusiasm for the delivery of excellent services will be matched by their experience of the following:
- Experience of working with and supervising staff and groups of young people from various backgrounds - Aged 11- 19.
- Experience of engaging groups of young people in a centre based environment and liaising with other organisations in a shared space.
- The ability to plan and deliver bespoke Easter and summer school holiday activity programmes.
- Knowledge of youth related health & safety, risk assessments and site inspection requirements.
- Experience of working and liaising with contractors carrying out building or equipment related repairs.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of working with key stakeholders, partners and community organisations.
- Computer literacy and ability to use Microsoft office.
This is an exciting opportunity for a capable, ambitious and energetic team player who is keen to deliver excellent services for children and young people in Southwark.
- Working Hours: Part Time 12 hours per week.
- Qualified to NVQ level 3 or equivalent experience of youth work.
- This is a part-time role which requires regular 3 evening a week working.
- You will be required to work during the day over the Easter and summer programmes.
- DBS check is required.
Benefits and More Information:
Interviews provisional date: W/C 26 June 2023.
We are an organisation who is passionate about our people and understands that richness of diversity is a requirement to provide the best possible services to our communities. This is demonstrated through our council-wide ambitious commitment to tackle racial inequality in our communities and workforce through our Southwark Stands Together initiative. We particularly welcome applications from members of the Black, Asian and ethnic minority communities to increase representation at senior management level in the Council.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.